FIXED FFHT1826LB7 Frigidaire fridge runs most of the time but still cools

herodotus

Premium Member
Model Number
FFHT1826LB7
Brand
Frigidaire
I have a five year old Frigidaire fridge upper freezer old style - the fridge seems to run most of the time lately much more than usual but the fridge still keeps cool -Would the cause of its long term running be the defrost timer or another issue and how does one access and change out the defrost timer ? thanx

Corrected Brand

Last edited by a moderator:

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

herodotus

Premium Member
will check both fridge and freezer temps then post them here - I did pull off grill on bottom of the fridge and use long appliance brush to clean coils underneath fridge if that is what your referring to -also pulled out fridge and cleaned under it and put in back in place - room temp is 71 degrees - I'm in Minnesota and have central a/c- just noticed in the last month the fridge runs much longer but still keeps cool -will get temps -thanx for your time

herodotus

Premium Member
It is a frigidaire fridge not a whirlpool -does frigidaire tend to be more reliable than Whirlpool - I checked temps- fridge is 38 and freezer is 8 - so cooling okay -just seems to run for much longer cycles but not sure why -Maybe okay with higher summer temp's- Am I correct do not need to change frost timer then ? thanx

jeff1

Staff member
does frigidaire tend to be more reliable than Whirlpool
Sorry, nope.

I checked temps- fridge is 38 and freezer is 8
38ºF is good for the fresh food section, 8ºF is a bit warm for the freezer. Closer to 0ºF would have been better.

room temp is 71 degrees - I'm in Minnesota and have central a/c- just noticed in the last month the fridge runs much longer but still keeps cool
Higher humidity like we have been getting for the last 2 weeks will certainly make the refrigerator run longer than normal. 50-75% running time is often normal. In the warmer more humid times this can easily jump up to 90-95% running time.
For now I'd just keep an eye on that freezer temp and see if it gets colder or starts to warm up.

jeff.

herodotus

Premium Member
thannx for your input-probably just higher summer temps and humidity -will work to lower freezer temp=thanx

jeff1

Staff member
Happy we could help :)

jeff.