• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FFID2426TS lights blinking, no button response, after opening door mid-cycle

MotoTrojan

Premium Member
Model Number
FFID2426TS
Brand
Frigidaire
I opened the door mid-cycle and was not able to restart. After trying a power cycle my Washing, Clean, and Sanitized lights were blinking in unison. I siphoned out the excess water in the bottom (including shop-vaccing the drain line) and still no dice. Now when powering it up after all the lights come on briefly, it goes into a state where Heavy Wash, Hi Temp Wash, and Sanitize Wash are illuminated briefly, but eventually goes back to the Washing, Clean, Sanitized lights blinking. At no point do any of the buttons respond.

Please help :). Thanks!

MotoTrojan

Premium Member
This thread seems to have the same light sequence and was fixed with door sensor replacement.

Weird thing is that I cannot access the buttons readily when the door is closed due to the table-top design, however in the past I have been able to start the cycle before closing it, so this is new behavior. Is it possible the door latch can get stuck in something other than open? Or need to sense that it is closed (then re-opened) upon power-cycling to get it to work properly?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Is it possible the door latch can get stuck in something other than open? Or need to sense that it is closed (then re-opened) upon power-cycling to get it to work properly?
Yes and Yes.

But since its still under the 1 yr. warranty--->Contact Frigidaire at 1-800-374-4432 and they will send a authorized tech out to see what's going on.

Jake

MotoTrojan

Premium Member
Thanks, hoping to see if there is anything I can try myself since I bought this home and would rather not try to dig up the receipt.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I always check the door latch assembly first.

If the door latch switch is not seeing the door is closed, most likely one of the door switches are bad. You can check them for continuity, or see if the plastic that encases them is cracked or broken.

Here's the door latch switch assembly for your model:
frigidaire-latch-assembly-5304516818-ap6783743_01_m.jpg

Video Included in part link.

Jake