FIXED FFLE1011MW0 Frigidaire Washer won't fill with water, lid latch clicks 3 times followed by 2 beeps

Crash01

Premium Member
Model Number
FFLE1011MW
Brand
Frigidaire
Fridgidaire Washer-Dryer combo (FFLE1011MW0). I have replaced the lid-latching mechanism as the original wouldn't unlock. Although I'm not sure that was the issue.
Now when I select "Normal" or any other wash selection (i.e. Casual) it will beep 3 times (normal) when moving to the setting, and I then press the selector in and release. After doing that, I hear and can feel like something opening towards the back of the washer to let water in(?) and then the lid safety latching mechanism moving in/out 3 times, followed by 2 beeps... then nothing.

Every once in a while, after (say) 20 tries, it does start filling with water and works normally with any combination of cold & hot water selected. I can pause it in the middle of the cycle, open the lid, restart it like normal. Once complete, it's back to trying again and again and again... to start the next load. The dryer works fine. Thanks!!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good, let us know what you find.

Jake

Crash01

Premium Member
Well, the good news is that replacing the lid latching mechanism really did fix the original problem. However, I neglected to put in a couple of screws that kept the lid section from tightening down. So, the lid latch couldn't lock into place properly. It would try a few times before giving up. I noticed that when I had my hand pushing down on the lid that it would work fine, which explained the intermittent working problem that I had created. We have (now) run probably 10 loads without an issue.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks for the update!

Good job fixing it.:)

Here's the lid lock assembly for this model in case others need it too:
Door Latch 137353300

Jake

Crash01

Premium Member
New Problem with Washer-Dryer combo

Hi Jake,

This worked well last time, so, will try with new issue.

(1) Washer started to not spin the clothes dry, water was drained, but no spin
(2) We could go to the Rinse & Spin selection and that worked for 5-10 wash loads... dryer still works
(3) Before I got a chance to take a good look at it, the washing side started beeping 3 times (short beeps) and wouldn't do anything else
(4) Unplugged the unit over night, it does have 220V at the outlet... and explains why the dryer still works
(5) Plugged in and all I got were the 3 beeps when moving the washer selector knob... the lid lock does not try to lock, so, the washer is very silent, excepting the 3 beeps
(6) Tried the Full Control Reset, but nothing happened... just get 3 beeps when trying something (Diagnostics) after the reset steps

Whatever it is, it doesn't affect the dryer, so, I'm thinking the Main control board is okay, and it's something isolated to the washer. The washer has never had any strange sounds or smells and even when it started to malfunction we could make it work by going to Wash & Spin. Is it possible that the led latch has failed open this time and it won't even try to shut (now), so, the washer is completely silent with just the 3 beeps? Thank you!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Like I mentioned I'm not familiar with this model, I can only go by the tech. data sheet that I posted above.

Check all your connections on the control board.

I don't think the lid lock assembly went bad again, but anything's possible, you have a 365 day warranty on it, you can request another one be sent to you.

Other than that its seems like you possibly a faulty main control board, especially since you can't get into into the diagnostics. You may want to get Frigidaire to come out to confirm that. I hate to see you keep replacing parts.

Here's the main control board for your model:
Main Control Board 137469113NH

Jake

Crash01

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

Did some more troubleshooting... see png file.

(1) Pulled down the electronics panel and there was a 1s (0.5s on & 0.5s off) flashing red LED on the dryer control board (dryer works fine)... see pic 1.
(2) Disconnected everything on the washer side and the only way to get the 3 beeps also 1s like the red LED was if just the one connector to the washer control board (PN 137332702) was connected. You can see from pic 2 on the png that nothing else is connected.
(3) I went down to the heat sink section at the bottom of the washer and found that no matter what I did/didn't have plugged in, that bottom yellow connector (red-black-white wires) had to be in to produce the 3 beeps... I have no idea what it goes to as I don't have that kind on info. It's not in the service manual I have, and the wire diagram is very short on useful information.
(4) I did have the Lid Latch (black-white-orange) wired plug in and out with no difference, so, that seems be okay.
(5) I can ohm things, but need some better direction than the manual to know where to find the part on the machine (like the 50k ohm thermistor... where is it?).

So, it would seem that while the washer's control board (PN 137332702) could be a suspect, it's more likely related to whatever that yellow connector goes to. Can you help with that?

Thanks!

Slide1.PNG

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
For that control board part number you posted above: The manufacturer has replaced part number 137332702 with part number A00537602

Here it is:
A00537602 Control Board

Was that yellow connector just loose like that when you opened the panel?

I don't see the RED and WHITE wires on it in the wiring diagram, so I'm in the same boat as you as to where it goes, or it could even be a TEST connector, but I see nothing in the tech. data sheet that mentions a TEST connector.

I'm sorry but I'm at a dead end too.

Jake

Last edited:

Crash01

Premium Member
Was that yellow connector just loose like that when you opened the panel?

I don't see the RED and WHITE wires on it in the wiring diagram, so I'm in the same boat as you as to where it goes, or it could even be a TEST connector, but I see nothing in the tech. data sheet that mentions a TEST connector.

I'm sorry but I'm at a dead end too.

Jake
I was the one who unplugged it for my testing. The part it plugs into is the Washer Motor Control Board PN 137469113. It's kind of expensive if that's the problem, so, I'd like to know one way or another. It could be another less expensive part that feeds this board. While perhaps not much help, I have included a pic of the board itself. Thanks.

Motor Control Board_137469113.PNG

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
When it comes to following the Frigidaire tech. data sheet, they are very vague in following along with it.

Like I mentioned, I'm not familiar with this model at all, hopefully another tech. can shed some light on this problem.

Remember all parts you order through our links and banners can be returned for a full refund, less shipping, if the part/parts you order don't fix your washer.

So, I'd order both and return the one you don't need.

I updated your part number for the control board in post # 10 on the previous page.

Jake

WashDat

I was the one who unplugged it for my testing. The part it plugs into is the Washer Motor Control Board PN 137469113. It's kind of expensive if that's the problem, so, I'd like to know one way or another. It could be another less expensive part that feeds this board. While perhaps not much help, I have included a pic of the board itself. Thanks.

View attachment 36430
----------------------------------------------

Hi Crash,
I'm having the same issue, were you able to resolve the problem with the new part Jake suggested or did you finally take a baseball bat to the washer (my current inclination)?

Thank you,
WashDat

ajshoe

Premium Member
Have exact same washer / dryer combo - same exact problem. can't get into diag mode. replaced washer user interface board part #5304500456 - same result. does anybody have a solution to this issue ???

dryer works perfectly. I can get into diag mode on dryer side and no errors.