• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED FFLE2022MW2 Frigidaire stack laundry center washer stops mid-cycle and lid won't open

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashriprok

Premium Member
Model Number
FFLE2022MW2
Brand
Frigidaire
Washer in Frigidaire FFLE2022MW2 stack laundry center works occasionally but usually stops mid-cycle and the lid stays locked. After that all buttons and knobs of washer are unresponsive. Sometimes if unit is unplugged, washer will "wake up." Sometimes it won't. I replaced electronic control board A00537603(137332703) but that did not solve the problem. When washer is working, lid switch/lock functions properly. Today I got washer to wake up but could not get it into the service diagnostic mode. No matter how carefully I followed the directions, control would simply turn on. Did I get a bad electronic control board out of the box? Why does lid stay locked hours after washer shuts down?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
When I looked it up, this is the part I come up with. It doesn't match your number:
frigidaire-board-5304500454-ap5971628_01_l.jpg

dashriprok

Premium Member
FIXED the Frigidaire laundry center but first there was weirdness. I installed the new main electronic control board 5304500454 and washer did the same thing -- worked intermittently. FYI, the dryer and washer are both controlled from the same board so I decided to try the dryer when the washer didn't work. Dryer started right up but running the dryer caused the washer to start. When I'd open the dryer door, the washer would shut off!?! Then I noticed that the dryer wasn't heating.

I measured the incoming power at the laundry center terminals and got 120V L1-N and 71V L2-N. Problem turned out to be in the building electrical box. The bus bar was loose and arcing causing erratic power supply so in the end, there was nothing wrong with the washer/dryer. I repaired the loose bus bar and replaced the 240V 30A circuit breaker in the building electrical panel to solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.