• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FFLE3900UW0 Frigidaire stackable top load washer noisy

Nukedaddy

Premium Member
Model Number
FFLE3900UW0
Brand
Frigidaire
OK. I never intended to become the family pet appliance guy but I am retired from the commercial nuclear power industry and as such “Just sit around wishing for something to do.”!
My sister has a Frigidaire top load stackable FFLE3900UW0. It is making a hellish racket on spin. Online research indicates possible failed tub bearing. But the bloody thing is only 3 years old! (She says)
There does not appear to be a bearing listed in the parts diagram, just a transmission. The transmission is belt driven off the motor. The outer tub has the shaft deal built in. And replacing anything means getting the stacka out and laying it on its back.
Am I going to want to shoot myself before I see success in fixing this thing? Does anyone with better Kung Fu than me know of possible simple failures and fixes for this model?
I will gladly pay in purloined Plutonium for guidance that will keep me from blaspheming my soul into early perdition.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, but first check the transmission pulley to make sure its not loose.

If the transmission pulley is not loose then its either the clutch or transmission and the new clutch only comes when you order the new transmission:

Here's the video that shows how to replace the transmission/clutch assembly:

Jake