FFLE3911QW Frigidaire Laundry Center Winterizing issue

povertyacresmike

Premium Member
Model Number
FFLE3911QW
Brand
Frigidaire
I am following the instructions in the manual.
1. Turn off water supply, drain hoses
2. Pour 1 Gallon of RV antifreeze in washer.
3. Put on rinse and spin cycle
4. let drain for approx 1 minute
It hums for about 1 minute, then I get three series of 3 beeps and then shuts off. It never starts draining. I called frigidaire, all they do is walk me through the steps. No help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

povertyacresmike

Premium Member
Thanks, I found that on an earlier post but could not get it into diagnostic mode. I had the same issue when it was new last October and since it was on warranty, they sent a technician. I wasn’t here to see what he did but it only took a few minutes. When I called the shop today to see what he did, I was told he replaced the drain pump which definitely did not happen. My guess is , and believe me I am an amateur, is that it’s shutting down because there’s no water connected. Just an educated guess from what I’ve read!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
My guess is , and believe me I am an amateur, is that it’s shutting down because there’s no water connected. Just an educated guess from what I’ve read!
Yuppers, that would be correct.

Jake

povertyacresmike

Premium Member
So , I know more than the support line apparently! Would the diagnostics be the only way ? I saw one section where it did nothing but turn on the drain pump. Unfortunately, after many attempts and making sure I did the steps correctly, it would not go into that mode . I am now traveling and left it with a gallon or so of antifreeze in it ! I may have to use the extended warranty in the spring ! I just want to not have this issue next season !

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I've never needed to do this before, so I really don't know how this works for winterizing it.

All I know is the water has to be on before you get into the diagnostics.

I wouldn't worry about it, when you get back just turn the water on and put it in the rinse/drain cycle first thing off the bat and see what it does. Don't worry about doing the diagnostics at all if it goes into rinse/drain/spin fine.

Jake