FFLE3911QW0 Frigidaire Dryer stopped

standenman

Premium Member
Model Number
FFLE3911QW0
Brand
Frigidaire
I have a stackable top load washer and front load Frigidaire combo that are about 5 years old. The dryer has stopped. When I set the time and depress the large knob to start the dryer I get the same buzzing sound as always but the drum does not start to spin. After about 1 to 2 seconds the buzzing start up sound stops. Help. my wife is about to buy a new combo, as she (and I) don't like the Frigidaire very well ( very noisy). But if it is simple fix I would rather do that than spend $1000 for a new set.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
standenman said:
depress the large knob to start the dryer I get the same buzzing sound as always but the drum does not start to spin. After about 1 to 2 seconds the buzzing start up sound stops.
It might be the motor trying to run but failing. It then might cut out in its internal overload protector until it had a chance to cool and reset again.

The motor might be jammed up or defective. Someone could make sure the motor is able to turn freely. Maybe a stray sock got wedged in the blower fan?

Otherwise, if the sound is coming from the motor, it might need to be replaced.

LINK > Frigidaire FFLE3911QW0 Dryer Motor

Even if required, IMO that job wouldn't warrant replacing the whole machine. Motor failure is a common problem on dryers of all ages, even within the first year warranty period.

Dan O.