FFLG1011MW3 Delicate cycle leaves clothes damp

mountainbiker33

Premium Member
Model Number
FFLG1011MW3
Brand
Frigidaire
I have a question about dryers - especially stackables. I have been working on a couple stackables recently. It seems that the "low heat" or delicate cycle always seems to leave clothes damp. I had one repair guy tell me it was because the low cycles are meant to leave clothes damp but I am not sure how bought in I am to that solution.

Thanks for your help guys!

Matt

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Matt,

You will need to take its temperature first.:)

This Multimeter reads temperature, it comes with a probe you put in the dryer door. Just open the dryer door and insert the probe, then close the door and run the dryer with NO CLOTHES in it, and watch the meter. Don't put the probe to far in or it will be hitting the drum as it turns.

With the dryer on low(delicate) heat, the temperature inside the dryer should be between 120*F to 140*F.

Here's the parts diagram for your model: FFLG1011MW3 Repair Parts

Jake

mountainbiker33

Premium Member
Thanks Jake! I took it off the line but I have one like that and I will be able to temp the machine. I guess my concern is why the clothes are still damp. I was told by a repair guy that they are supposed to be damp. But that doesn't make sense. I have had this happen to two or three stacked machines of similar design. All the other dry cycles are OK but when you get to a delicate cycle, it leaves clothes damp. I understand there is a more dry and less dry option on many machines but this behavior seems odd.

I ohmed out all the stats. I replaced a cracked fan (I thought that was going to be it). I replaced the foam around the fan housing. I cleaned out all the cavities (in the door, the chute, etc). I put in new coils. I even put in two timers.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It should still dry completely on delicates.

Now some models have a DAMP DRY setting, and on that setting, then that point would be valid.:)

Also, clean the moisture sensor bar with rubbing alcohol, if fabric softener sheets are used in the dryer, it can gum up the moisture sensor bar and cause this problem as well.:)

Jake