FFRH11L2R10 Frigidaire Window AC, Board or thermistor?

Wilber256

Premium Member
Model Number
FFRH11L2R10
Brand
Frigidaire
Hello All, Thanks for having me. I have a Frigidaire FFRH11L2R10 window AC/heat that the compressor stays on all the time. I figure it's either the thermistor or board, what is the best way to check for proper operation of the thermistor? I am a disabled senior and can't afford a $125 board so I hope someone can instruct me on checking the mistor before trashing it. Thanks for your help.

Hot in dixie!

Thanks

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Make sure the condensor is clean and make sure the filter over the evaporator is clean. Was it shutting off before and just started staying on? I couldn't find a tech sheet with the thermistor values so you'll need to locate yours. It's in an envelope taped to the inside of the cover. It should have the thermistor values. Your machine has 5 or 6 thermistors. They have different part numbers but that is probably due to the length of the wires. The thermistors are most likely the same. If you can't find the tech sheet there's another way to check them. If a thermistor is open or shorted (shows continuity) it's bad. It's very rare to have more than one thermistor fail at a time so take them out and let them warm up to room temperature and they should all have the same value.

Wilber256

Premium Member
Thanks Rick, The evap and cond coils are clean. I have the unit sitting on the carport where is was about 88f when I checked the Tstat thermo, I set my multimeter on well i have forgotten what range I had it on but it had 7.?? I took the mistor and held it between my thumb and finger and it started to slowly drop as it warmed from my body heat. When it reached 6.90 I released the mistor and the numbers began to increase back to where it was to start with. I don't know but that makes me think the mister is good. The unit belongs to and was installed at my Daughters house it just froze up so I switched it to fan only for it to thaw and it never did that's when I noticed the compressor ran while in fan mode. So they unplugged it to thaw then I checked it again and the compressor ran while in fan mode and while in cool changing the set point up or down made no difference the compressor continued to run.
I will see if the papers are with the unit tomorrow and see what it say's. Any ideas what else it could be? Thanks alot. Have a good holiday weekend.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Wilber256

Premium Member
Hello Rick, That's what I was afraid of. Any way to TS the board , locate the relay and replace it? I know things have changed since my repair days, we used to troubleshoot the boards and replace the parts now we are in a throw away society but I haven't worked on anything since May 23 2005 that was the day I destroyed my back installing a 10kw generator. I was a electrician, HVACR tech, plumber, contractor and prior to that I erected steel buildings and carpenter building houses in my over 40 year career. I will have to ask my Daughter if she wants to spend that much as I put another (spare) in the window to get by until i could get this repaired. Thanks so very much for your help.

Wilber256

Premium Member
Rick, Is that the same board the temp thermistor plugs into? If so I am going to take it off and see if I can locate the relay and replace it. It's no good anyway so I can at least try. Have a good holiday and thanks to all that have served and provided this great freedom we have.

Wilber256

Premium Member
Thanks Rick, I thought it was. I can't see another board in there, I am going to find the compressor relay and work on it. Thanks for your help.