• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FFSG5115PW0 Frigidaire dryer wont dry

johne78

Premium Member
Model Number
FFSG5115PW0
Brand
Frigidaire
model# FFSG5115PW0

dryer wont dry

This all started as the door open code, I had this once before, i opened the machine and started checking the thermal fuses, ended up replacing them all (all were open)
Then that got rid of the code, however, now the heat never kicks on.
I have replaced both the front control panel and the control board, (bought 2 control boards now) still no heat.
I then replaced the motor switch with no luck.
I probed around a bit and have found that I have voltage to the heater relay, but no voltage on the other side of the relay going to the ignitor and coils, when jump that connection with a wire the ignitor lights up.

any ideas?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I probed around a bit and have found that I have voltage to the heater relay, but no voltage on the other side of the relay going to the ignitor and coils, when jump that connection with a wire the ignitor lights up.
Then the control board is bad.

Here's the part you need:

Jake

johne78

Premium Member
ughh, this is what I thought. I have already tried 2 of these and it is the same result, I have 3 control boards and all three do the same thing, i should go buy a lotto ticket or it has to be something else.
I think I am going to part this thing out on ebay and recover what money I can. I cant justify buying another part this expensive.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
What was the door open error code you were getting?

Did you do a factory reset per your tech data sheet? I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

Jake

Attachments

• 137507300.pdf
    304.9 KB · Views: 9

johne78

Premium Member
I was getting an E66. I found the thermal limiter was bad ( this happened before 3 years ago) I believe it is because of the long run I am constrained to in this old house. I did the factory reset on the original controller, when that didnt work i ordered a used one from an online appliance store, same problem, then I bought a OEM from a local appliance store same problem. I have not done the factory reset on the new one, i figured i didnt have to.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, if you checked all your wires for a short or loose connection, then you have a very unusual problem and you'd need to contact Frigidaire at 1-800-374-4432 to come out and see what's going on.

Jake