• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED FFSS2315TP4 Frigidaire SxS water line freezing inside of door

dashriprok

Appliance Tech
Model Number
FFSS2315TP4
Brand
Frigidaire
Frigidaire FFSS2315TP4 SxS refrigerator water tube inside door keeps freezing up. If I remove the door and let it warm up for 6 hours, water dispenser will start working but only for three weeks when it will freeze up again. All other refrigerator functions work as they should. Temperatures are 37 degrees F inside refrig section and 3 degrees inside freezer section.
Any suggestions for a long term solution to the water tube freezing up inside the door?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Try to set the freezer temperature a little higher like at 5 degrees F.

Does the water dispenser get used on a daily basis?

Jake

dashriprok

Appliance Tech
Owner already had the freezer section set to a warmer temp and yes, owner uses the water dispenser often. I just completely removed the plastic hose that's internal to the door and found the ice blockage about 12 inches back from the outlet. I'm going to assume the door itself didn't get foamed properly thus cold air from the freezer is freezing the water tube. To repair, I'm going to cut as neatly and inconspicuously as possible an opening in the door liner to identify the suspected void, and then fill it with spray foam.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm going to assume the door itself didn't get foamed properly thus cold air from the freezer is freezing the water tube. To repair, I'm going to cut and neatly and inconspicuously as possible an opening in the door liner to identify the suspected void, and then fill it with spray foam.
I agree with that for sure.:)

dashriprok

Appliance Tech
Fixed. Freezer door did have a void in the styrofoam insulation as suspected. Using a utility knife I was able to neatly cut an opening in the door liner where the water tube was freezing up. I used (very carefully as it's often a huge mess) door & window insulating foam to fill the void.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good job, glad to hear that was the fix.(y)

Thanks for the update!

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.