• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FFSS2614QE4A Frigidaire refrigerator gets moisture and icing in the freezer

Dem29

Premium Member
Model Number
FFSS2614QE4A
Brand
Frigidaire
Freezer section on a side by side it has icing going on like warm air is getting into freezer side. Flapper is sealing and don't feel any warm air coming in that is creating moisture. There another problem damper control wasn't working. I put the unit into diagnostics and found the damper wasn't opening like gear was stripped.

I replace the thermistors for the freezer and the refrigerator. So the next day refrigerator still not getting cold on the refrigerator side and the refrigerator setting is at 8 the damper is open.

The evaporator fan is running. I don't know what going on with this unit it has allot of problems and everything been replace. I just replace the computer board and it still gets moisture and icing in the freezer. everything has been replaced. In diagnostics works everything in the refrigerator with no error codes.

The refrigerator at 8 on the control gets the temperature to 42 degrees which is normal but this number 8 on the control is way to high. number 5 is normal. Moisture build up on the freezer side still and on going problem.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
We have a rule here, you have to update your previous threads before you start a new thread. None of your previous threads have been updated, please update them. In fact on one you never answered my last question.

Jake