• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED FFSS2622NW0 Frigidaire Refrigerator is not making ice and have to wait a long time for water

Status
Not open for further replies.

robrpb

Premium Member
Model Number
FFSS2622NW0
Brand
Frigidaire
My friend's refrigerator takes a long time to dispense water, having to hold the glass for several minutes before it starts to fill the glass. When it starts to fill the glass the flow rate is good.

Also, the ice maker doesn't work. It will make a tray of ice cubes every 3 or so weeks and they are small. He has changed the water filter a couple of times with OEM filters and it didn't fix either problem. Thanks for your help.

Rob

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Rob,

The filter housing has an inlet and an outlet. Disconnect the outlet line on the filter housing and check the pressure. If the pressure is good make sure the water reservoir isn't frozen. It sounds like either the filter housing or the water reservoir is the problem.

(click to enlarge)
FRS Frigidaire Rear Filter Water Lines.jpg

Here's the filter housing:
Water Filter Housing 242009602

Jake

robrpb

Premium Member
Thanks Jake for your reply. I will pass your info on to my friend. I have a Samsung refrigerator and I don't have a filter installed in the refrigerator, because I run my water through a R/O system and then to the refrigerator. Can my friend's Frigidaire work without a filter in a similar way? Thanks.

Rob

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Can my friend's Frigidaire work without a filter in a similar way?
Yes Rob, just bypass the water filter with a John-Guest Union connector, I believe it's 5/16".

Jake

robrpb

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. It's good to know for the future. Now we have to fix the current problem.

Rob

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Also Rob, make sure your friend has good strong water pressure coming to the refrigerator from his water supply line.

What I do is pull the refrigerator out from the wall, then turn the water supply line off, then get a bucket or container to catch water in and put the water supply line in the bucket and turn the water supply line back on, to double check the water pressure is good.

Jake

robrpb

Premium Member
Thanks Jake for the additional information.

Just curious for my own understanding of the problem, how come you eliminated the water valve as a possible problem?

Rob

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I didn't, I said this above:
The filter housing has an inlet and an outlet. Disconnect the outlet line on the filter housing and check the pressure.
But I should of said if the water pressure is low, check the water supply pressure TO the water inlet valve FIRST, if that is good, then yes it would be the water inlet valve.

Here's the water inlet valve for your friends model:
242252702 Water Valve

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Also check the INLET TUBE LINE to the water filter for good water pressure.

Jake

robrpb

Premium Member
Thanks again Jake for your reply. The main reason I asked about the water inlet valve was to help me to troubleshoot future problems and to understand how the system works. I read about the water inlet valve in other posts, but their problems were a little different and I don't know how the ice and water are related.

Rob

robrpb

Premium Member
Jake, I just saw your last post. I missed it when I was reponding to your previous post. I appreicate your help and the things to help troublshoot the problem. Thanks.

Rob

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Rob, sounds good.:)

Jake

robrpb

Premium Member
Jake, we replaced the water inlet valve on Saturday and it fixed the problem. Thanks for all your help.

Rob

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Rob, glad to hear the new water inlet valve fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.