FFTW1001PW Top load washer stopping mid-cycle

fp_911

Premium Member
Model Number
FFTW1001PW
Brand
Frigidaire
I've read through the different solutions here but it appears that my specific model has not been mentioned often.

As stated in the title the issue is that when the tub fills up the washer often stops and the lights start flashing. We don't make any adjustments to the load but simply have to click on "Start" to restart it.

It used to rarely happen but lately seems to be occurring for every load and sometimes more than once per cycle.

What should I check to try and troubleshoot?

Thanks in advance!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

fp_911

Premium Member
Thank you for this information!

When I ran the diagnostics I ended up with three error codes:

Position 1 - Error 21: Water not pumping out fast enough
Position 2 - Error 11: Fill time too long
Position 3 - Error F2: Too much suds or load

For this first one, aside from taking the drain hose off and makings sure it's not blocked, are there any other troubleshooting steps to take? How would I test if any of the parts involved are defective?

First the second, we have a whole-house water softener and filter so I know at times if more than one shower is being used along with the washer this can happen. Not as concerned about this one because I've seen the shower pressure get pretty low at times.

On the third, I can probably think of a few instances where the load was not balanced or pretty large. So this is one I'm probably not as concerned about as well.

But the first one seems exactly like the symptoms we are encountering. The times it stops there is always water in the tub. But as I mentioned initially once we restart it always gets going again. So I don't think it's blockage because of this.

Thanks again for the help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
For Error 21--->While its draining pull the drain hose up from your drain pipe and watch how fast the water exits your drain hose, should be coming out super fast with lots of pressure behind it.

For Error 11--->If your on city water, have the city come out to see what psi your getting at your house. Normal would be 40 to 60 psi.

For Error F2--->Use HE low suds detergent.

Jake