FGES3065KFE zero volts across baking element

dsrdon99

Premium Member
Model Number
FGES3065KFE
Brand
Frigidaire
oven slow to heat - baking element not heating - broiler ok. both elements check good to continuity and resistance. temp sensor resistance measures ok at room temp. 240v across broiler element. 0v across baking element. preheating correctly switches between broiler and baking element but baking element gets no volts. next step? thanks for helping!

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Check wiring and replace control if necessary.

next step?
Check the wiring for beaks or disconnections all the way to the bake element. If there are none, the control is most likely defective and needs to be replaced. There appears to be no other devices in its wiring that would stop power from getting to just the bake element.

LINK > FGES3065KFE Electronic Control

Dan O.

Last edited:

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Use logic?

anything that can be checked on board or just do it?
I don't know how you'd actually check the board except maybe isolate the connections for the bake element and check for power there when the bake should be on.

Testing on a 'live' appliance can be dangerous. If you're unfamiliar with safety precautions, it should be avoided.

Often logic can often be used to identify the problem more safely. If there's no open circuit in the wiring to the element, the control must not be switching it to that circuit.

JMO

Dan O.

dsrdon99

Premium Member
thanks - about to order board but getting differing opinions - the one with the clock or the one on the back of the oven? neither are labelled on wiring diagram that came with unit. all wiring test good so it looks like its the big $$$ - thanks again

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
about to order board but getting differing opinions - the one with the clock or the one on the back of the oven?
Which one does the bake element connect to?

BTW I did post a link to the control in my first message.

JFYI

Dan O.