• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED FGEW3065PFC Frigidaire Wall Oven not heating evenly / slow

Sturdy89

Premium Member
Model Number
FGEW3065PFC
Brand
Frigidaire
Hello
I have a Frigidaire wall oven FGEW3065PFC that is seems to take a very long time to cook things compared to what it used to. This occurs on both convection and regular setting. Also, when it does cook, it is often unevenly cooking things. I called an appliance repair tech out and I believe they changed the temperature sensor, but it did not fix the issue. The top broiler element gets hot and is red when the oven is on. The bottom element I removed and it does not appear visually damaged from what I can tell. I checked it for continuity and it is does appear good. I am not sure what the Ohm reading should be though. Just looking for further advice.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG-0849.jpg
    IMG-0849.jpg
    607.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, your bake element does ohm test good, per your photo of it.

P9 is the bake terminal on your clock oven control board, you can take a voltage reading between P9 and P1(LINE 2 OUT) and see if your meter reads 240 volts when its in the bake cycle, if not, then clock oven control board is the culprit.

Becareful not to touch anything else when voltage testing.

Here's the clock oven control board for your model you can order, if needed:
Control Board 5304503761

Here's your tech data sheet below that shows you those terminals. Page 2.

Attachments

• FGEW3065PFC.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 24

Sturdy89

Premium Member
Thanks!! I will check the bake terminal tomorrow. Just to make sure I understand right, I need to pull the oven out enough to access the board, turn it on and set it to bake the test voltage to see if gets 240 while running?

Also, thanks for confirming the reading is good on the element in the picture. I did notice that toward the bottom left the element has lifted a bit from the bottom and is no longer firmly seated in the soft floor beneath that part of the element (not sure what you call that sand like stuff it sits in). I think this may have happened while I was removing it, but I’m not sure. Will this cause any problems?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I will check the bake terminal tomorrow. Just to make sure I understand right, I need to pull the oven out enough to access the board, turn it on and set it to bake the test voltage to see if gets 240 while running?
Yes, that is correct. Just be extra careful not to touch anything else when testing for 240 volts. Disconnect power to your oven before and after you access and test those terminals.

I did notice that toward the bottom left the element has lifted a bit from the bottom and is no longer firmly seated in the soft floor beneath that part of the element (not sure what you call that sand like stuff it sits in). I think this may have happened while I was removing it, but I’m not sure. Will this cause any problems?
No, it shouldn't.

Jake

Sturdy89

Premium Member
Thanks again. I noticed when checking it that my convection fan is not spinning either. I am not sure if this is also a board issue, or a motor problem. The motor does have continuity and I am getting around 18 ohms when testing. I read somewhere that on other models the reading should be 20-90 ohms and lower will require the motor to be replaced. Based on the reading above do you think I need to replace the fan motor as well?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The convection fan motor shouldn't be running in the entire NORMAL BAKE MODE only at first heat up, when you start the oven--->Convection element and fan are used for the first rise of temperature.

In CONVECTION BAKE MODE that convection fan runs at all times when the door is closed.:)

J3-8 and J3-5 are the convection fan motor pins that should send 120 volts to that convection fan motor. 18 ohms is close enough.

Here's the convection fan motor for your model: Motor 139008500

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your welcome, let us know how it goes.

Jake

Sturdy89

Premium Member
Hey, just wanted to update. I ended up sending off the control board to be repaired (used a company called circuit board medics). They sent it back and everything seemed to be working fine except the convection fan, still would not spin. I replaced the convection motor and it works fine now. Seems to cook everything evenly on normal bake and convection mode now. Thanks again for all the assistance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good.(y)

Thanks for the update!

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.