• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FGF328GBG Frigidaire oven igniter glows but won’t lit

Dmjones7

Premium Member
Model Number
FGF328GBG
Brand
Frigidaire
Hey

so please help... I brought a new “used” oven and I installed it.
The top works fine.... but the bake is not working.
I hit bake to 350 and the igniter glows red hot but the element bar doesn’t not lit. I smell gas so I try to lit with a lighter and it does lit with a lighter. But the flame is small and weak. iT blows out if I blow on it and if I increase the temperature no change in flame. It never gets to the right temperature.

please help I’m not sure what to replace first or to just call a repair shop

Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Here's the part you need:
frigidaire-ignitor-5304509706-ap6230715_01_m.jpg

rickgburton

Staff member
Absolutely . If you want to check it you'll need an amp meter or a meter that can measure amps. The igniter needs to draw 3.2 to 3.6 amps to open the safety valve. Here's how:
C-OVEN AMPS.jpg

Dmjones7

Premium Member
I hear you makes sense..... why is there some gas getting through then?? Why can I get a weak flame with a lighter

Dmjones7

Premium Member
I got the igniter changed.... still won’t light on it’s on.... but boy do you smell gas !!! I can light it with a light as well PLEASE HELP

rickgburton

Staff member
Use a wire brush and clean the burner holes by the ignitor. There should be a few smaller holes that blows the gas on the ignitor.

rickgburton

Staff member
I suppose it could be but that style valve rarely fails.
but boy do you smell gas !!!
It sounds like the valve is opening so it's probably OK. There's 3 smalls holes at an angle in the burner assembly next to the igniter. The igniter gets as hot as your lighter so if the gas can get to the igniter it should ignite.

Dmjones7

Premium Member
Use a wire brush and clean the burner holes by the ignitor. There should be a few smaller holes that blows the gas on the ignitor.
So I got a wire brush but before I cleaned it I turned on bake and it light up on it’s own.... so excited but it’s still a reality small flame and it isn’t getting to temperature any ideas

Dmjones7

Premium Member
I’ll try it now I know I had it at 350 for like 40 mins and the highest it got was 300

should I still the wire brush?

rickgburton

Staff member
Did the flame stay on for the entire 30 minutes? What color is the flame? It should be more blue than yellow. Take a couple pics of the flame and post them here. Do the top surface units have a good flame on high? If the top has a good flame out of each burner then the oven valve might not be opening all the way. Make sure the air shutter is all the way open. If the top burners are not working as good as it should, the regulator could be the problem.
frigidaire-safety-valve-3203459-ap2131109_01_m.jpg

frigidaire-regulator-316091706-ap2125390_01_m.jpg

Dmjones7

Premium Member
Yes it lights up on it’s own now and stayed on the whole time. The flame is small and blue no yellow see pic. My top burners work very very well no issues with them they light up hot and quick.

I did. NOT use the wire brush to clean the holes yet... should I ??

Attachments

• F676DA0D-EF86-48C9-9D26-7DB5062ACCFB.jpeg
    F676DA0D-EF86-48C9-9D26-7DB5062ACCFB.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 13