FGHB2735NF0 Frigidaire Refrigerator will not go below 56 degrees

Patriot8318

Premium Member
Replaced the evaporator motor fan, code went away. I also replaced the control board. Now the fridge fluctuates between 64 and 37 randomly.

Patriot8318

Premium Member
Does the damper control the evaporator motor? I ordered a replacement damper assembly to see of that works. If it does not work I'm going to wheel it out the back and fill it with lead. Then I should feel better..

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The only thing that controls the damper is the control board. I don't understand what you mean when you say it fluctuates between 64 and 37. You might have a flakey freezer thermistor. Did you replace that one also?

Patriot8318

Premium Member
Yes.
I replaced the following:
Both thermistors
Both control boards
Evaporator fan. Twice.
Heater thermostat

rickgburton

Staff member
OK but you didn't explain the temperature fluctuation after you replaced the board. Do this; While the machine is plugged in and running remove the evaporator cover and take a few pictures of the frost pattern on the coils. There should be frost on all the coils top to bottom. Be sure to reinstall the evap cover or it won't cool.

Patriot8318

Premium Member
OK but you didn't explain the temperature fluctuation after you replaced the board. Do this; While the machine is plugged in and running remove the evaporator cover and take a few pictures of the frost pattern on the coils. There should be frost on all the coils top to bottom. Be sure to reinstall the evap cover or it won't cool.
You already told me to do that, which I did and you said everything looked good.

rickgburton

Staff member
patriot8318 said:
Now the fridge fluctuates between 64 and 37 randomly.
rickgburton said:
I don't understand what you mean when you say it fluctuates between 64 and 37

Patriot8318

Premium Member

I will randomly check on it and the temperature is usually 0 and 56-64 but sometimes it's 0 and 37 or something in between.