• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED FGHB2866PF0 Ice maker won't automatically cycle or harvest ice

DIY_home_repairs

Premium Member
Model Number
FGHB2866PF0
Brand
Frigidaire
My frigidaire model FGHB2866PF0 ice maker won't automatically cycle or "harvest". It is 5 years old. I can manually force it to fill the ice tray and when frozen I can force it to turn the tray electronically to dump the ice all when in test mode. But when in regular mode it won't do either of these functions on its own.

I replaced the ice maker 243297606 prior to using the test functions because the tray broke and the thermostat fell in the ice but, froze and broke off.

So after replacing the ice maker it never functioned but in test mode I could make it do the correct functions. The only other thing I have noticed is there is the ice maker light in the settings screen does not light up the "on" LED light but the "off" light works. When attempting to change from off to on, the off light goes off but the on light don't come on although I do hear the triple beep that sets the new change. What should I do to get the ice maker working? I thought about replacing the LED display but I'm not convinced this will fix the issue, unless someone has done this and it help. Let me know!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Measure the ice maker input voltage and output voltage on the dispenser board. J4A-8 +12 VDC J4A-1 = input voltage. J4A-2 = output voltage.
242058249 User Interface
frigidaire-user-interface-242058249-ap6025485_01_m.jpg

DIY_home_repairs

Premium Member
So I had them send me a new ice maker, thinking the thermostat in the first one they sent as a replacement was defective but after installing the new one, it still won’t automatically cycle or call for water. What’s the next step now?

rickgburton

Staff member

rickgburton

Staff member
This one is < $20. Be sure to take 30 minutes and learn how it works first then set it on DC volts. Locate the J4A connector and put the red lead on pin 8 and the black lead on pins 1 and 2 and measure the voltage.
Multimeter DM10T

DIY_home_repairs

Premium Member
Just an update incase this happens to someone else.

I had a technician come take a look at it and figured out when the ice maker originally broke and the sensor fell off and froze in the ice, it shorted out something in the main control board 242115283

So I replaced that and now the ice maker temp is reading correctly and should hopefully be making ice soon!