• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FGHB2866PF4 Frigidaire Refrigerator - Water not going in to ice maker

Benjibabies3

Premium Member
Model Number
FGHB2866PF4
Brand
Frigidaire
The first thing to go wrong in our new home owner journey of 2 weeks has me and my husband stumped.
Our Frigidaire Gallery (FGHB2866PF4) ice maker, located in the refrigerator, is not filling with water. The water dispenser on the door works just fine. Where should I start with replacing parts; the whole ice maker or the water inlet valve?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Here's the parts diagram:

Where should I start with replacing parts
If you start replacing parts without checking them first this repair can get very expensive very fast.

Press and hold the FZ temperature + and the FF temperature + simultaneously for 10 seconds.

Press + or - to move forward or backwards through the tests.

Go to test 52C- the freezer display will show the temperature of the IM thermistor or OP (open) or SH (shorted)

Go to test 55C and press "set" and the ice maker should fill with water. On the water valve there should be 120 VAC across the green coil and the brown coil when the IM is calling for water

Benjibabies3

Premium Member
That’s amazing! I put it on the 52 and it shows me 47. I did the 55 and it filled with water. What do you suggest at this point? I am excited to have your help. Thank you!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That indicates the ice maker thermistor is only at 47 degrees, which is way to warm to make ice, right Rick?

Does it feel 47 degrees in the ice maker compartment? Do you have a thermometer you can get a actual temperature reading to verify its 47 degrees in the ice maker compartment?

Jake