• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FGHD2368TF5 Frigidaire Gallery Refrigerator - ice maker stopped working. Water line into maker is frozen. How do I fix this?

shaw951

Model Number
FGHD2368TF5
Brand
Frigidaire
Hey all, my frigidaire gallery ice maker has stopped working completely. I tore it apart yesterday and broke off any ice I found building inside of it (wasnt much) and found that the water into the maker (black whole inside of fridge above the maker) was frozen. I let it thaw out and we got 6 ice cubes about an hour later, Yay! I thought I had solved it. Come to find out this afternoon that those were the only cubes we got and i bet its because that line froze again. Is there a permanent fix for this? The ice maker is in the fridge section and not the freeze section so Im unsure as to why its freezing. The fridge temp is set to 39 F and the freeze is set to 0 F. The water from it works fine and isnt freezing, just the line to the ice maker.

Model # FGHD2368TF5

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Another member reported this exact same problem a couple weeks ago on his Frigidaire.

Look at his post #7 of what he found was the problem:
So, as a last desperate response to a failing ice maker due to the fill tube freezing over, I purchased and replaced the fill tube. During the replacement, I also noticed that the small insulation/foam piece on top of the ice maker box, was not properly surrounding the hole for the fill tube. I was able to tape the insulation/foam in place. Also, the new fill tube had a layer of insulation around the part of the tube closest to the tray that was not on the old part. Finally, we have a functioning ice maker again.

I posted the ice maker fill tube hose in post #8. Your model uses that exact same one.

So,