• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FGHD2433KF1 Frigidaire Dishwasher Drain Pump Runs Continuously

radio_davio

Premium Member
Model Number
FGHD2433KF1
Brand
Frigidaire
My son's dishwasher drain pump runs continuously. The only way to stop it is to open the washer door or trip the breaker off.

Have checked the float switch, which I don't think would make this happen anyway. The switch has 14 volts when open and 0 volts when closed. That tells me that the wires run to the board properly and the switch works.
Pulled the control board out and using the schematic included with the washer, found the relay that switches the pump on and off. The relay contacts are not welded shut and the Darlington transistor relay driver chip output for the drain pump is not shorted to power either. This tells me the pump is being turned on, but I'm not sure by what. The circuit is pretty simple, there is one output from the microprocessor that drives the Darlington chip with a high input to turn on the Darlinton transistor. The Darlington driver output then pulls one side of the relay to ground to turn it on, which turns the drain pump on.

Is there a sensor that tells the controller when there is water that needs to be drained away?

Thanks,
Dave

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Dave,

Is there a sensor that tells the controller when there is water that needs to be drained away?
No there is not, its a timed drain per the electronic control board.

It sounds like a problem with the electronic control board.

Here's the electronic control board for your model you can order:
Frigidaire 154815601 Board Control

Jake