FIXED FGHD2472PF01 Frigidaire Gallery Sump Gasket Replacement

MattyB217

Premium Member
Model Number
FGHD2472PF0A
Brand
Frigidaire
Good morning all,

The sump gasket on our dishwasher has started to breakdown and I'm going to replace it. I've got the replacement part but am having a heck of a time finding instructions. Is the procedure shown in the service manual on the "sticky" thread generally the same as what I would need to follow? If not, does anyone have a service manual or instructions they can send?

Thanks,
Matt

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Matt,

I was not able to locate the service manual for this model, but it should be very similar to this one: Frigidaire Dishwasher Disassembly Video

You'll need to completely remove the dishwasher and lay it on its back per that video, then you will see how the sump mounts in place.

Jake

MattyB217

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. It really helps. I've had a heck of a time finding a unit that looks close to mine but that is pretty darn close. Some of trim on mine is black instead of grey but that's the only noticeable difference.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good Matt, let us know how it goes.:)

Jake

MattyB217

Premium Member
I'm happy to report that the job was successful. It was pretty easy. All in all it was good to take everything apart because some of the parts were pretty gunked up. I will say that whoever designed those clips never got up from behind their desk to to see the implementation of their design. They were not designed with serviceability in mind.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Matt, good job.:)

Thanks for the update!

I will say that whoever designed those clips never got up from behind their desk to to see the implementation of their design. They were not designed with serviceability in mind.
Yes, I agree 110% with you on that.:)

The Whirlpool and KitchenAid sump clips are very easy to undo, they just twist to release the sump.:)

Jake