FGHF2366PFFA Frigidaire Refrigerator - ice maker not making ice

frabreeze

Premium Member
Model Number
FGHF2366PFFA
Brand
Frigidaire
Good afternoon, I'm working on a Frigidaire refrigerator model #FGHF2366PFFA. Is there a way to manually check the ice maker to see if its working or not? It just up and stopped working, door is still getting water. I know it could also be a faulty solenoid that supply's the water for the ice maker, any thoughts? Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here's the tech data sheet for your model:

Read where it says FRESH FOOD ICE MAKER DIAGNOSTIC MODE

Here's the ice maker for your model:
Ice Maker Assembly 243297609

Let us know what you find.

By the way if the ice maker thermistor is dangling under the ice maker tray, you have to replace the ice maker.

Jake

frabreeze

Premium Member
I ran the test and everything worked except test 55c the water valve test. No water came into the ice machine, so I'm thinking bad valve?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

When you are on test 55c use your multimeter to check for 120 volts at the water inlet valve solenoid. It's the solenoid where the YELLOW WIRE and LIGHT BLUE WIRE connect to it.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:
Water Inlet Valve 242253002

Jake

frabreeze

Premium Member
Ok, I have 12v to the solenoid so is my next move ordering the solenoids? I also got to thinking later that i should of pulled the line off at the solenoid and run the 55c test again to see if water comes out there, just in case the line was froze up in the freezer compartment, or do you think I'm good and just order the part? Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You have 12 volts or 120 volts? You posted 12 volts in your previous post, not sure if you left out the final 0 by accident.

Yes, you can remove the plastic water line fill tube underneath the water inlet valve solenoid and see if water comes out of the water inlet valve directly.

Jake