• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FGID2466QF5A Frigidaire Dishwasher - Touchpad not responding, I’ve tried EVERYTHING

JMcCormick

Premium Member
Model Number
FGID2466QF5A
Brand
Frigidaire
Hey all, I’m at the end of my rope. Dishwasher was fine before storage for a year now the touchpad won’t respond. Lights come on when door closes but I cannot select a program or start. Machine then goes into sleep mode. Latch switch works fine, ribbon is in great shape, 12 volts to unit, I’ve replaced touchpad and control board and NO CHANGE. Sorry to whine. Any help would be appreciated. Reward for the solution…..

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Well, I have good and bad news, look here:
The good news is Rick goes into great detail on what to test, the bad news is nothing fixed it. Then I told him to check ALL his wiring for a frayed or short or broken wire in his wire harness and he didn't respond after that.

JMcCormick

Premium Member
After further examination I found the buttons do respond with the door open. I have 120 to the board, wiring is in great shape, ground looks good. The only exception is the start/cancel button. It is the only button that doesn't respond. I believe I need that button in order to enter diagnostic mode and therefore can't check for codes. Thank you for all the help so far.

JMcCormick

Premium Member
Another update....

After changing absolutely nothing at all, I was able to start the dishwasher. It is currently running right now. I am not, however, able to cancel the cycle which means the start/cancel button is not working consistently. When I selected the cycle and pressed start the display read "close door" which I did. The machine kicked on and is running now. Like I said though, I'm not able to cancel the cycle.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then it seems like that keypad is intermittently shorting, I'd order and replace it.

Here it is for your model:

This one:
frigidaire-console-assembly-5304506663-ap6036348_01_m.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, are they sending you another new one?

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.