• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED FGID2474QF3B Frigidaire Dishwasher -no water-i20 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forlbrty

Premium Member
Model Number
FGID2474QF3B
Brand
Frigidaire
This is a weird i20 error. Never got anything different, always error i20. I've read many applianceblog threads on i20 and issues with not draining, usually from the pressure sensor plugged with debris. My problem is the machine never sprays water, the tub stays dry while attempting any cycle and goes into fault mode after a while. Eventually I noticed the tub was dry every time I opened it.

I cleaned all the drain lines and the pressure sensor line (mine uses the hose and the sensor is on a swing arm- it was very clean, no traces of anything). I removed the drain hose from the sink and placed it in a bucket.
I've tested the water inlet valve, the float (flood) sensor, they work fine, make+break.

If I a pour a gallon water into the tub before starting a cycle, seems to me the pressure sensor is working fine, it senses the standing water after ~10 seconds and the pump starts up and drains the water pronto then shuts off, all while the door is still open.

After all that I just don't see it as a pressure sensor issue, tomorrow, I'll pull the sensor again and test it, maybe it's stuck closed and thinks the tub is full of water, but why would it kick on the pump when I pour water in? Gotta be something else?
Any other ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20210530_171529292.jpg
    IMG_20210530_171529292.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 77

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

Get into SERVICE MODE and activate actuator 6 which is the water inlet valve, then get a multimeter set it on AC Volts and remove the water inlet valve electrical connector and put your meter probes in each water inlet valve electrical connector at the same time and see if your meter reads 120 volts.

Jake

Attachments

• 808936618.pdf
    7.3 MB · Views: 115

Forlbrty

Premium Member
Thanks Jake! I agree, I don't think the water valve is getting a call for closed contact.
Yes, that data sheet P/N: 808936618 appears the same as sheet came with appliance but a different P/N: 808936651, problem is they both say "press pad Heavy and Fast simultaneously." I don't have those pads! Here is a thread LINK with same issue and pictures of the identical pad I have. Pic of mine attached. Like them, I can't enter "Service Mode." I've tried a few combos with no luck. What to press??

Attachments

• IMG_20210531_112948617.jpg
    IMG_20210531_112948617.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 81

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very odd, I don't know what to tell you then, its probably best to contact Frigidaire at 1-800-374-4432 to have a tech. come out.

Its impossible to do the diagnostics with if you don't have those pads.

Jake

Forlbrty

Premium Member
Just want to update for solved!
Got zero help from Frigidaire via both phone and chat. So I ordered the updated pressure switch kit and not only did it fix the no water situation, but after install, my earlier guess (use buttons in same position as Heavy+Fast) and a dozen failed attempts to enter Service Mode proved correct... press Power Wash + Quick Wash for a few seconds and it all lit up. How a pressure switch could negate ability to enter Service Mode is beyond my ken. Hope it helps someone.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Forlbrty, glad to hear the new upgraded Pressure Sensor kit fixed it.(y)

Here's the upgraded Pressure Sensor kit for your model, in case others need it too:
5304504077 Pressure Sensor Kit

Thanks for the update and I really mean that, many people here never come back to update us of what fixed it.

Paying it forward is ALWAYS Good Karma!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.