• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Fibers appearing in ice - Panasonic

HansGruber

Premium Member
Model Number
nr-f625xz
Brand
Panasonic
Hi there,

New to the forum. Been trying to find the right place to post this, but here I go.

We recently found at home, when ice melts in a clean glass of water, particles, specs, and fibers start to appear from the melted ice.

We first noticed it from the ice maker, reason we turned it off and tried to make ice from a plastic tray. From our surprise, we have the same results.

We are 100% these aint the minerals forming from hard water, these are HAIRS like from some sort of filter (see picture).This model uses a water container which has a small squared filter with similar fibres, we removed it with same results. Our water is pre-filtered. I also took a video of the whole thing happening

I think this model uses an internal filter, which I might be suspecting.

Fridge is pretty new (1.8yrs), any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your not in the USA?

Your IP is from Panama, we aren't familiar with foreign ice makers, you'll need to find a appliance repair forum closer to where you live.

Jake

HansGruber

Premium Member
Hello,

Indeed is a model sold in Central America, Caribbean and Asia. Rather than "repair", I just wanted to know if anyone has experienced a similar issue. As stated, the issue is not the ice maker, is the freezer.

Tech support down here is extremely bad and they denied me service because its "OOW".

Thanks anyways.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I'll leave your thread open in case someone can shed some light on this issue.

I really have no clue why that's happening.

Jake