• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Fisher & Paykel (DCS) UR624 24" Outdoor Refrigerator runs a little then turns off

gaspower

Premium Member
Model Number
UR624
Brand
Bosch
Hello,
I have a Fisher & Paykel (DCS) UR624 refrigerator and it has been working fine for years. It has now started having a issue, when I dial it on, and set it between 3-4 for mild cold, it will run for a little and then completely turn off. I then turn the dial to off and let it set for awhile and it will come back on. Would this likely to be more the capacitor on the motor, or possibly the relay for the unit. Almost seems like something is heating up and then shutting the unit down.

Thank you,
JR

gaspower

Premium Member
Hello,

Update: I did a simple test. It would run for about five minutes then shut off. This time I disconnected the power and plugged it right back, the refrigerator started right up, no delay. So possibly the timer?

Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I don't have any training or experience working on Fisher & Paykel appliances, but on other brands like Whirlpool when it does that I always check to see if the condenser fan motor keeps running when the compressor shuts off.

The condenser fan motor mounts next to the compressor in the back of the refrigerator.

If everything shuts down, including the condenser fan motor, then its usually a temperature control thermostat problem:

Jake

gaspower

Premium Member
Hello,
Thank you for the reply. Yes, the fan keeps running. I think it has to be something with the thermostat. Even with the control set to off, when the door is open and the light is on, the unit will completely shut off. Has to be something with the thermostat unit, since I believe it part of the whole control switch and door switch. The worst part is the cost is almost $900.00 for that item. May as well buy a new out door refrigerator.

Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes the price of the new thermostat is extremely expensive on this model, so you are correct, its best to save the repair money for new outdoor refrigerator.:)

Jake