• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Fisher & Paykel dish drawer

pheeny

Premium Member
Model Number
NEED
Brand
My dish drawer is 4 years old. Today as I was proceeding to unload the bottom drawer I felt resistance. Had difficulty opening the drawer and now it won't close. Any suggestions before I call the repairman.

TechnicianBrian

Appliance Tech
You might have a problem with the lid actuators not raising the lid after the wash. Pull the upper drawer out about 6 inches and look on each side for a release tab located below the plug that looks like a circle with a line in the middle. Press in on each tab and the rails will be able to slide in toward the unit (have some help) allowing you to lift the drawer up. When you look inside the upper cavity you will be looking at the top of the lower drawer lid. See if it is level, or loose. Try putting the lower drawer back in and see if it contacts the lid. The lower drawer can be removed the same so you can look for obstacles. Let me know what you find before we move on.

pheeny

Premium Member
fisher paykel dish drawer

Hi Brian,

You won't believe this. I called fisher paykel and it was suggested that I unplug the dish washer for a couple of minutes. I did. When I plugged it back in, it closed and is now up and running. This must be something that happens often for them to suggest this fix.

Thanks for your reply.

pgolowka

Premium Member
:D I am SO grateful for this post! Have had a F&P DishDrawer since 2005 with over a half dozen repairs for one or the other drawers "sticking" (not pulling out or pushing in smoothly.) In 2011 we stopped using it entirely (repairs just too costly.)

This month (May 2012) - decided to "give it one more try," using the top drawer only. Yup. This morning, after 3 weeks of use: top drawer once again STUCK!

The repair manual said what it usually does: "Call for service." A search revealed this posting (as I wanted to remove the drawer like the repairman always did, who would always say "nothing is wrong," put it back, and charge $112 for the visit.)

Saw your post, pheeny, and failing to find a plug, went to the basement and turned off the power switch to the dishwasher. Heartbeat, heartbeat. Toggled it back on. Went to the DishDrawer and it went in SMOOTHLY!!! Trumpet fanfare (ta dah!) I LOVE this forum!

hank you pheeny (and for future reference, Technician Brian!) Thank you both!

Last edited:

rambo47

We have two single FP DishDrawers (installed in 2007) and have this same issue. I cannot believe FP hasn't come up with anything better than "unplug it for a second".

This is truly disappointing and I've steered several friends and family members away from any of the FP products. Bosch is what I recommend as a high-end solution and good old GE for basic remodels.

Ours are installed on either side of the kitchen sink and each has a storage drawer underneath it.

This means to unplug it I have to take out the storage drawer, unplug/replug the DishDrawer, and then put the storage drawer back on it's tracks. :mad:

Last edited:

penelope

I have a 10-year-old Fisher Paykel dish drawer. The top drawer will not open. I remember there are two buttons to push, but I have tried every combination, and nothing is working. I just ran a load of dishes and need the dishes. Help!

pgolowka

Premium Member
Try switching off your circuit breaker. Then turn it back on.

I have a 10-year-old Fisher Paykel dish drawer. The top drawer will not open. I remember there are two buttons to push, but I have tried every combination, and nothing is working. I just ran a load of dishes and need the dishes. Help!
I've found that by switching off the circuit breaker to the dishwasher (your panel should be labeled), waiting a moment, then switching it back on, would "release" the drawer. It would also reset if the error light when it would keep flashing (another fun feature of the Dish Drawer!)

You can always call the service number in your book for advice; one time my service man called and they walked him through re-setting the rinse agent (it was too high, and kept sudsing and sudsing and ...) Hope this works for you!

Tried shutting power off for a stuck bottom drawer and it worked like a charm!!! I now have my circuit breaker panel marked for Dishwasher so I don't have to find the plug. Thanks.