• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Fisher Paykel GW11 won’t power on

Rocket Man

Premium Member
Model Number
GWL11
Brand
-brand-
I have a Fisher Paykel GW11 that won’t power on. A few months ago the pump started acting up and I knew it was the pump after reading few online post. I thought it was empty of water and tipped it over to get to the pump but it still had some water left in it. Nothing touched the control board and I waited a day of so before I tried starting it but nothing happens now. There is no power going to machine at all, no lights no function no nothing. I read that it could be the control board and pulled it but I see nothing on it, no burn spots no burned fuse. The outlet the washer is plugged into is good, I’m running other things off it with no problems. Does anyone have any ideas what’s wrong or what I should do?

Thanks

I attached pictures of the model and serial number, the motherboard (I opened the case and found no damage, no burns or anything), I also found small black box that I can figure out. I don’t see the box mentioned in any other post so I don’t know if it contains a fuse.

Attachments

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
See if this works :
Press and hold the WASH TEMP DOWN button and then the POWER button until the machine gives 2 short beeps and lights up.

Rocket Man

Premium Member
Gave this a try, “Press and hold the WASH TEMP DOWN button and then the POWER button until the machine gives 2 short beeps”, but no luck. I don’t have the pump installed at the moment so I’m maybe I’ll need to install one for the board to power on so I’ll order one and try it again. I also found that the black box I mentioned in my first post appears to be a reset switch. I don’t see any glass fuses on the board. Tried pushing the button on the and hear it clicks but no power but maybe I need the pump reinstalled to get power to the board.

Attachments

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Unfortunately I'm not familiar enough with that brand to be much help. Maybe one of the other techs knows it better than I do.