• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Fisher Paykel WA37T26GW1 washer fault 51 - diverter valve question

rorrer

Premium Member
Model Number
WA37T26GW1
Brand
-major brand-
Hi All -

I know this is a somewhat uncommon brand (at least here in the US) but I'm hoping someone might be able to offer some assistance on a problem I'm having with my Fisher Paykel WA37T26GW1 washer.

A couple of weeks ago, my washer began stopping about 15 minutes in to the wash cycle. It would beep steadily at one second intervals and display a 00110011 pattern on the "wash progress" lights. My service sheet indicated that this corresponds to a Fault 51 / diverter valve fault code.

Initially I was able to power the washer on and off, and I'd be able to complete the wash cycle ... but the problem quickly got worse. Soon the washer appeared to not be draining properly, as I'd get a fair amount of water leaking out of the top during the spin cycle. I inspected the diverter valve, found no blockage or even any lint or grunge, and decided to go ahead and replace the diverter valve altogether. It's an old machine after all. :)

After replacing the valve, the problem with leaking from the top during spin cycle has been fixed, but I am still having the same problem with the machine cutting off about 15 minutes into the wash cycle, and it's still beeping and displaying the same Fault 51 code.

The service sheet seems to indicate that the next likely culprit is the control module. This has been a very reliable machine and I'll replace the control module if I have to to keep it going, but I'm wondering if there are any other things I should be looking at before I go that route. It's fairly expensive after all!

Thanks in advance for the wisdom and guidance!

Best regards,

Chris

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

rorrer

Premium Member
Thanks for sending this, Jake. The manual has me scratching my head a little bit though. First of all, on the fault codes it lists different "phases" for different models, but it doesn't mention my model specifically. Not sure what my "phase" would be. I do notice, though, that my pattern of lights (00110011) shows #51 (Diverter valve) for phases 5-6 Eco, but the same pattern shows #53 for phases 2-6, which translates to a rotor position sensor problem. Hmmm. Will keep researching.

Best regards,

Chris

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your model WA37T26G is the (GW11).

Jake

dswartz1

Hi All -

I know this is a somewhat uncommon brand (at least here in the US) but I'm hoping someone might be able to offer some assistance on a problem I'm having with my Fisher Paykel WA37T26GW1 washer.

A couple of weeks ago, my washer began stopping about 15 minutes in to the wash cycle. It would beep steadily at one second intervals and display a 00110011 pattern on the "wash progress" lights. My service sheet indicated that this corresponds to a Fault 51 / diverter valve fault code.

Initially I was able to power the washer on and off, and I'd be able to complete the wash cycle ... but the problem quickly got worse. Soon the washer appeared to not be draining properly, as I'd get a fair amount of water leaking out of the top during the spin cycle. I inspected the diverter valve, found no blockage or even any lint or grunge, and decided to go ahead and replace the diverter valve altogether. It's an old machine after all. :)

After replacing the valve, the problem with leaking from the top during spin cycle has been fixed, but I am still having the same problem with the machine cutting off about 15 minutes into the wash cycle, and it's still beeping and displaying the same Fault 51 code.

The service sheet seems to indicate that the next likely culprit is the control module. This has been a very reliable machine and I'll replace the control module if I have to to keep it going, but I'm wondering if there are any other things I should be looking at before I go that route. It's fairly expensive after all!

Thanks in advance for the wisdom and guidance!

Best regards,

Chris
I am having this EXACT same issue with my Fisher & Paykel model GWL11.
So how did this all turn out?
What did you discover the problem was for you?
Any information or update to this would be much appreciated
Thank you

rorrer

Premium Member
I am having this EXACT same issue with my Fisher & Paykel model GWL11.
So how did this all turn out?
What did you discover the problem was for you?
Any information or update to this would be much appreciated
Thank you
Sorry I never weighed in or updated this thread, but the unfortunate fact is that I haven't resolved the problem. I still have beeping about 15 minutes into a cycle and am getting the Fault 51 code. When I turn the machine off and back on, it completes the cycle just fine ... so that's what I've been doing. Annoying, but it's been working like this for months now.

The service manual doesn't really give much else to try beyond (1) inspecting the hoses for leakage (2) checking resistance on the diverter valve or (3) replacing the control module. I've done everything I know to do beyond replacing the control module.

If anyone has insight on other things I might try, I'm all ears! That control module is a little pricy for a 20 year old washer, so I've been putting it off. Maybe now is the time to open up the wallet. :-/

Best regards,

Chris