FIXED: 106.89583707 Kenmore Coldspot No Ice & Grinding Noise

JYOSS

Premium Member
Yes, Yes.

If it runs after defrosting it then this could be a problem. If it doesn't then that's not it. Where'd you get your new valve from?
OK - it's definitely still not working. I wasn't certain if a frozen line could lead/contribute to a failed inlet valve. If I'm reading your response correctly, it's likely not the case. i bought the valve from Pandora's OEM via Amazon. I suppose, while unlikely, I may have gotten a faulty valve.....anything else that you can think of that would trigger a valve failure?

wobiii

Appliance Tech
Water pressure in theory, but I’ve never seen that. When you turn it on do you hear the valve hum? As soon as you set it to on it should start filling within a few seconds, or you should hear the valve hum, or feel it vibrate a bit.

JYOSS

Premium Member
Water pressure in theory, but I’ve never seen that. When you turn it on do you hear the valve hum? As soon as you set it to on it should start filling within a few seconds, or you should hear the valve hum, or feel it vibrate a bit.
I highly doubt it's our water pressure as our's tends to be running at +/-60psi. The only sound I can recall hearing is (what I assume is) the control board attempting to click on the valve. I haven't taken off the baseplate again, but I'll try to do that tonight to see if there are any other noises and/or valve vibration. When the original valve failed, there was nothing but the click (no humming or vibrating) and this seems similarly symptomatic.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Walt I assume meant use a volt meter, not ohm meter, to check for 120 volts at the water inlet valve solenoid when its calling for water.:)

Jake

JYOSS

Premium Member
Finally got to checking the inlet valve.....when the controller called for water, nothing from the solenoid...no humming, vibrating, etc. The power to the valve read 121v, so I assume there's no issue there. Maybe I was just unlucky enough to get a bad replacement valve????

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The power to the valve read 121v, so I assume there's no issue there. Maybe I was just unlucky enough to get a bad replacement valve????
Yes, if you get 121 volts to the water inlet valve and its not coming on, its definity bad.

Where did you get it at?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Pandora's OEM (via Amazon)
That's the problem. Have them refund your money and get it from the link I posted to it.:)

I'll guarantee if you order it from the link I posted to it, it will work fine.:)

One person got 3 dryer motors from amazon, all were bad, then I suggested ordering it from our part suppliers http://www.applianceblog.com/parts and it worked like a charm.:)

Again, here it is:
WPW10340983 Valve

Jake

Ok I have a 2013 106.8958 stand alone ice maker. It’s not betting water to pan. I have replaced water valve and fill level switch. It will get cold and grid gets hot like it’s in run operation. So does anyone have any ideas?