FIXED: 362.7556191 Help replacing oven igniter

mcrump

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
A week ago my gas oven stopped heating when baking. I did some investigating and my broiler works and stovetop so it must be the igniter on bottom. I have found out and removed the bottom but am stuck now and can't find the answer to go any further. A paper that was on back of oven said to remove the back burner and the igniter is attached to this. I only have the igniter that I purchased. Problem is the hex screws are under the back burner bar and I cannot reach them. Tried to remove the panel under the back burner but even taking out the heck screws and prying up on it I still could not pull it out. I cann't get to those hex nuts and the bar does not come up. Now I am not going to pull to hard on it not knowing if I should. I could feel the wires to the igniter go a ways back in there. The back of the oven has no entry and I pulled the drawer out but didn't see anything. I am stumped and cannot figure out how to go any further. Any help would be appreciated. I have attached some photos to maybe help. Again thank you for any help.
2018-05-28 17.06.55.jpg

2018-05-28 17.09.27.jpg

2018-05-28 17.07.21.jpg

mcrump

Premium Member
Okay figured out how to do it but don't know how to delete my post. Now I just need to figure out why the one wire is 1/2 inch to short of connecting. Ugh!!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

When you click the link to your bake igniter glow bar I'm posting below, you will see a video on how to replace it. If you follow the video, the wires should not be too short.

Here's the bake igniter glow bar for your model:
WB2X9154 Round Style Oven Igniter

Jake

mcrump

Premium Member
thank you

Thank you for your reply Jake. I looked at the video but I did not access it from the back, Had to pull out the drawer and it was under there. I threaded those wires every which way to try to get it to stretch. Just finally cut and spliced the wires. Didn't want to do that but as a last resort I did. Going to watch it careful because of the gas but so far we have fire. :) Whew that job took all day but I always learn something. I bet my 58 year old self won't be able to move tomorrow after wallowing all over the floor. Haha!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, the difference in that video is that your electrical goes down below, not out the back.

I usually remove the whole flame shield to get better access to it. Its a little tricky on this model because the burner and flame shield are together.

Good job getting yours in.:)

Jake