[FIXED] Another Kenmore Dryer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good Nate, let us know the outcome.:)

Jake

MusDir2

Premium Member
Re:

Hey Jake,
The part came as promised and I installed it in about ten minutes! It threw me for a second because it didn't look like the picture. It was white instead of black, and had a cone element instead of the wide flat one, but all the numbers matched up and it seems to be working fine. thanks a bunch! You saved me a ton in service fees. ;)

Nate

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Nate, good job fixing it.:)

Jake

hoppyman

Premium Member
My problem sounds similar to MusDir2 only different model numbers. I have model 110.72992100. Sometimes the dryer will run the full cycle and sometimes it stops and the timer knob continues to turn until it reaches the end of the cycle. The dryer heats just fine although the top gets pretty warm. I have recently had the vents cleaned out so there is good airflow from the dryer to outside the house. The dryer is inside the laundry room so it doesn't get real hot. I have read about all the bad boards and I have looked at mine but I see no burn marks. Any and all help is appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Sounds like yours need the control board as well, some never show burned spots when its malfunctioning.

Here's the one for your model you can order:
Manufacturer's Number: 8546223

Don't worry, if you order this control board from here and it doesn't fix the problem, you have 30 days to return it for a full refund.:)

Jake

hoppyman

Premium Member
Jake,

Which site do I order from? I get appliancepartspro.com or repairclinic.com. Both have the part on backorder but I want to order from the site you are affiliated with.

Patrick

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Either one, they are both are affiliates. Yes the part is on back-order everywhere, unfortunately.

Jake

hoppyman

Premium Member
Jake,

Any word on when the control panels will be in stock? They still seem to be backordered everywhere.

Thanks,

Patrick

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Patrick,

Thats very odd that they are still on backorder, just keep checking back.:)

Jake

Stacy C

Premium Member
Having the same problem

Hi Jake!

I just found this site through Google, and am so, extremely grateful that I did! We have Kenmore Elite dryer model 110.63932101, and it decided this morning to stop working properly. I pressed the start button and started to walk away, and it immediately shut down when I released the button. Of course this happened on the same day my neighbor decided to put a new roof on his house at 7 in the morning. Not good!

Anyway, after reading through many of the earlier posts in this thread, I'm pretty convinced that we need a new control board. I propped something under the start button this morning and got it to keep running for 20 minutes or so, but there was no heat.

Fortunately, it seems the price of these control boards has come way down since some of the posts from 2005. I just ordered one from repairclinic.com, and it came to around $72 with shipping. Not as bad as I was expecting!

I will let you know if replacing the control board solves our problem.

Oh, I probably should mention that our dryer played this trick on us several months ago, but it magically started working again later the same day. Have you ever heard of that happening? However, this time it really seems to have a problem.

Thanks for all your help!
Stacy:)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Stacy,

Oh, I probably should mention that our dryer played this trick on us several months ago, but it magically started working again later the same day. Have you ever heard of that happening? However, this time it really seems to have a problem.
Yes, the new control board should fix it.:) Keep us posted.:)

Jake

Stacy C

Premium Member
Dryer still not working

Hi Jake! My fiancé replaced the control board, but the dryer is still shutting off when the PTS button is released. He also said that the board did not appeard burned out at all.

What should we try next? And should we return the new control board?

Thanks again for your help!

Stacy

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Stacy C

Premium Member
Clarification on the relays

Hi Jake,

This may be a stupid question, but by "swapping the relays", do you mean swapping out the wire connections on the relays?

Also, if that works, do we need to order two relays or just one?

Thanks!

Stacy

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Swapping means switch the relays, remove the wires from them both and move 1 relay to the other and put the wires back on.

If it works, yes order both relays, as the other relay thats good may go bad done the road.

Jake

Stacy C

Premium Member
Relay switch did not work

Hi Jake,

Ok, so we tried switching the relays, but the dryer did not stay running. :( What do we try next?

Thanks again for all your help!

Stacy

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did it stay running for about 3-5 seconds after you released the start button? or once you released the start button it went off again?

I'm not really whats going on Stacy, the new control board or switching the relay's should have fixed it.

Now I remember having one that it would shut off at about 3-5 seconds after your released the start button, and the problem there was the thermistor was bad, I replaced it and BINGO!

Jake

Stacy C

Premium Member
I think we fixed it!

Hi Jake,

Good news!! We just had a friend over who has an electrical background. He tapped on one of the relays with a screwdriver, and the dryer started right up and stayed running. We still can't hit the PTS and have it keep running, but a tap of the relay gets it going. He did suggest that we order both relays, just to be on the safe side, even though we know which one has the problem.

We did decide to go ahead and keep the new control board, since it definitely has burned spots on it.

Thank you again for all your help!!! If we have any more problems, we know where to turn. :D

Stacy

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Stacy, yes, order the relay's and you should be back in business.:)

Jake

Stacy C

Premium Member
Not fixed after all

Hi Jake,

We replaced the relays today and, according to my fiancé (I haven't tried this myself), he still has to tap on a relay to get the dryer to stay running. BUT we do have heat now. Could it be the wires running into the relay?

Stacy

Status
Not open for further replies.