• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

[FIXED] Can't select ice on panel

badgers991

Premium Member
Model Number
ZFSB26DNDSS
Brand
GE
On my GE Monogram refrigerator (side by side) I can't select ice (either crushed or cubed) on the touch panel (on the front of the refrigerator). In other words, I press on the touch panel for either type of ice, but the led above the ice won't light, and simply stays on water. All other buttons work fine, and water dispenses properly. Strangely, if I lock the control panel and press either ice button, it beeps (meaning the buttons aren't broken), but I simply cannot select ice (the water button stays illuminated). Ice maker is making ice absolutely fine. Thoughts? Main board? Control board? Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I'd say its your dispenser control thats bad.

Here's the dispenser control board for your model:
Manufacturer's Number: WR55X10279

45 day refund, less shipping if it doesn't fix it.

Jake

badgers991

Premium Member
Door

Fantastic, I will go ahead and order the part. So how do I remove the door handles in order to access the panel? From the schematics, it looks like I have to access them from the inside? I assume this means there is some way to remove the plastic interior? Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Now I haven't worked on this model, and from my understanding from other members it does come apart differently than other GE refrigerators read here:
GE Monogram 36" S by S freezer leak at ice dispenser chute

I really don't how the handles come off from this model, hopefully another tech. or member can jump in this thread and explain.

Jake

badgers991

Premium Member
Dead on. It was the dispenser control. Took about 30 minutes to replace, and works like new. Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good job, glad to hear that.:)

Jake