[FIXED] Frigidaire Gallery Front Loader Washers - NO HIGH SPEED SPIN - READ THIS FIRST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruckm

Premium Member
OK, we ordered the part yesterday. It came today. We didn't overnight or anything like that. I installed it. Ran a load and it worked perfectly.

Thank you very much. Your helped fixed my problem and saved me a service call, or two and money.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Fantastic, good job.:)

Jake

cale42

Sorry to reopen a slightly old thread, but I'm having the exact same issue with a Frigidaire ATF6000FS1. Wonder if anyone could provide me with the procedure for running a diagnostic so I can go from there. Although I suspect the door latch might be the issue. I wiggled the door around for a while during the spin cycle and got it to go up to full speed once.

thanks,
chris

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Is it draining all the water out before the spin? Is there water in it now?

If it drains good, then its likely a bad door latch assembly thats causing it not to spin.

Here's the repair manual for your model, put it through a diagnostics(page 62 in the repair manual) to see if an error code comes up:
Affinity Horizontal Axis Front-Load Washer (6000 & 7000 Series) repair manual:
www.applianceblog.com/manuals/5995456851_affinity_washer.pdf

Here's the door latch/lock assembly for your model you can order:
Manufacturer part number 131763202 is RepairClinic item number 1531974

Yes, heres the video to replace it:

<IFRAME height=390 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/prkM2XMoOJk?rel=0" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Jake <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

v8_ranch

Hello all. Man am I glad I came across this forum tonight. Looks like we too have the door lock failure. But at least through reading this thread I was able to figure out a way to trick my washer into spinning the clothes! Hallelujah!

Now then, I need to replace my switch, but I have a weird question - or maybe not so much. The serial tag is not on my washer where it is supposed to be in the door area.I see glue residue, but nothing else. I know it is the better or best Frigidaire Gallery series front loader. The maintenance instructions were taped underneath the machine and the part number on that manual is 134730700A (0604). I can also tell you that on mine, the code for the faulty switch appears to be E47. And my start position for the diagnostic mode is Touch Up. Is there any other way for me to confirm what I have have to make sure I order the correct door lock switch?

Thanks in advance!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yup,

Remove the door latch switch assembly and post the part number thats stamped on it.

Jake

jmmocha1

Premium Member
no final spin on front load washer after replacing door lock assembly and control panel

No final spin and error code 47 so i replaced the door lock assembly. Still no final spin and error code 43 so i replaced the control board. Still no final spin and now the error code is 47 again indicating i need to replace the door lock assembly! It will spin in diagnostic mode. We tested both door lock assembly parts with OEM meter. The original door lock assembly registered over 1900. The new/replacement door lock assembly registered about 1060. Can you explain what that tells me, if anything???

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Wow, thats very strange, where are you buying these door latch lock switches at? Sounds like your either getting used ones or defective ones.

Order the door latch lock assembly from the link I posted to it, and you will definitely get a good one.

Jake

jmmocha1

Premium Member
I had purchased it on Amazon.com. Never again! (Balcom Appliance) Although in their defense, they fully refunded my money without me having to send the faulty part back within 1 day of my refund request! Still, too much headache and money lost on shipping. Thank you so much for your feedback!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

JeremyH626

Premium Member
Then its your door lock assembly thats bad, it should be 1500 ohms exactly.:)

Jake

Hey Jake,
What if it's reading above 1500, for example say 1900 (like mine does now). I'm having sporadic issues with my unit not doing the final spin. Works most of the time with a regular wash load, fails more times than not when doing a Rinse/Spin cycle. Ran the diagnostics and it kicked an E47 on the spin test. I pulled the PTC and Ohm'd it out and it was coming back about 1900. Again it's sporadic, sometimes I can get it to 'reset' and finish the load. Looking for some advice on if I need to order a new door lock assembly, or the main control board.

Guidance/advice is appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, yes that should fix it, keep us posted.

Jake

JeremyH626

Premium Member
Once again Jake, your assistance has been greatly appreciated. Part arrived yesterday, installed in a matter of minutes and ran through the diagnostics again and completed the final spin test with no error code.

The wife is happy to have her washer up and running. As we all know, Happy Wife = Happy Life!

Thank you again!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent good job.:)

Jake

ajsinton

Premium Member
Another win for the Appliance Blog!

This fixed my Frigidaire Gallery front loader from 1999. One note, the gasket is glued in spots, not held on with a wire. You'll need an exacto knife to get to the door lock.

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Another win for the Appliance Blog!

This fixed my Frigidaire Gallery front loader from 1999. One note, the gasket is glued in spots, not held on with a wire. You'll need an exacto knife to get to the door lock.

Thanks!
Good job on yours too.:)

Jake

vc2

Premium Member
Frigidaire not spinning

Good job on yours too.:)

Jake
Hi, I have a similar problem my Frigidaire front load gallery washer goes into spin and rinse mode but will only spin slowly for 5 minutes then stops and shuts off. Door stays locked throughout the process.. Any suggestions?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, I have a similar problem my Frigidaire front load gallery washer goes into spin and rinse mode but will only spin slowly for 5 minutes then stops and shuts off. Door stays locked throughout the process.. Any suggestions?
Hi,

We need the model# of your washer first.

Click here: Appliance Parts at RepairClinic. 125 Brands. 365 Day Returns.

Then you will see a link that says: Help me find my model number.

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.