[FIXED] GE SS Wind Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bow_Tied

Premium Member
You guys are awesome! LOL Yes, this will be the last GE appliance I buy. I wouldn't have bought it in the first place but it was the only model that fit our 31.5" kitchen opening that was side by side (wife's requirement) at the time. Next time I will hack the cupboards bigger.

board #942 on order!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, keep us posted.:)

Jake

Bow_Tied

Premium Member
Ok, sounds good, keep us posted.:)

Jake
Finally today I got the evap fan which had been back ordered! I just finished installing it and the new main board.

The fan install video was very helpful. It only missed one thing that nearly had me stumped. The new fan came with a 6 pin connector populated with only the 4 motor wires. The old fan motor connector additionally had the two wires for the light. If I installed the new fan as is it meant no light. So I carefully cut open the old connector and released the connector pins and then installed the pins/wires from the light into the new connector. This was quite tedious, but seemed a cleaner end product than cutting the old motor off and splicing the new one in.

The light still works and I can hear a fan running now. Yay! Please cross your fingers for me, the bar fridge just wasn't cutting it anymore, lol!

Thanks again for all the support. :eek:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good job, sounds like you're back in business.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear that.:)

This thread is now 6 years old, so I think on that note its time to close it to new replies. I won't remove the thread though, so no worries about that. It will just be read only now.

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.