[FIXED] Grinding noise

Jabin

Premium Member
Model
GU2300XTVB1
Brand
Whirlpool
We are a couple of months our of warranty and the dishwasher is making a grinding noise during operations. I would it expect this noise during washing, if it had a lot of debris to grind but it's happens during all wash and rinse cycles pretty much all the time it's running. I'm also unable to find a repair manual. I've tried to do some simple troubleshooting, such as checking the bottom area for silverware but I can't dismantle pass taking the swing sprayer off. I could use some help.
Thank you,
Jabin

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Does it make the noise when its draining the water? Start a new cycle with no dishes, then after it fills up, press the cancel button and listen.

Watch this video, it shows how to get to your sump basin to check for seeds, bones that may be down there that the chopper can't grind up:

<IFRAME title="YouTube video player" height=390 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iRCCrEwrst8?rel=0" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Jake <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Jabin

Premium Member
Thank You!

This forum will be saved as an invaluable resource. Following your instructions, I found a piece of plastic around the grinder. After removing, the noise is gone, Thank you very much for the education into my appliance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Jabin, good job.:)

Jake