[FIXED] Hot point washer will fill with water and then stop working

G

O.K. so my washer will fill with water (it'll also drain back out) and then won't do anything else but its not the lid switch because i pushed it all the way down with my finger and it still won't do anything. i was wondering does anyone know what else may be the problem?? and most importantly i can't figure out how to get the washer open does anyone know how?? because if i could figure out how to open it i may find a broken belt or something but i can't figure out how to open it.....please please please help!!!

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
imported post

BBALLER1982 wrote:
my washer will fill with water (it'll also drain back out)
Immediately (even as it is filling)? If so, the drain hose may be improperly installed (see the following link).

LINK > My washer doesn't seem to be able to hold water. What's the problem?

i can't figure out how to open it.
How it is accessed for service would depend on how it was designed (not all Hotpoint washers were built the same). If you post the machine's model number, someone should be able to tell you.

You can find tips on where to locate the model and serial number tag on your appliances at the following link:

LINK > Model Number Tag Search

JFYI

Dan O.
Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site
=D~~~~~~

G

imported post

THE WASHER FILLS WITH WATER AND THEN IT DOESN'T DO ANYTHING ELSE, LIKE IT WANTS START WASHING ALMOST LIKE THE LID ISN'T CLOSED BUT I FINALLY GOT THE WASHER OPEN AND I PRESSED THE LID SWICH BUTTON ALL THE WAY DOWN TILL IT CLICKED BUT THE WASHER STILL DIDN'T START WORKING SO I JUST DRAINED THE WATER BACK OUT AGAIN.

I CHECKED THE BELT IT LOOKS LIKE NEW IN FACT EVERY PIECE AND WIRE ALL LOOK LIKE NEW SO I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THE PROBLEM COULD BE...SO TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM THINK ABOUT IF YOU TURNED YOUR WASER ON O.K. THEN IT STARTS FILLING WITH WATER AND THEN IT STOPS AND THEN YOU PUT YOUR CLOTHES IN THE WASHER AND CLOSE THE LID AND THEN IT STARTS WASHING, RIGHT O.K

WELL MINE STOPS RIGHT THERE IT DOESN'T EVEN TRY TO START DOING ANYTHING WHEN I SHUT THE LID, SO THEN YOU CAN TURN THE DIAL TO THE SETTING THAT DRAINS THE WATER AND IT'LL PROPERLY DRAIN AND EVERYTHING IT JUST WON'T START WASHING IT JUST REALLY SEEMS LIKE A LID SWITCH PROBLEM TO ME BUT EVEN IF I HOLD THE SWITCH IT STILL DOESN;T START....SHOULD I JUST REPLACE THE LID SWITCH AND HOPE FOR THE BEST OR DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER IDEAS OF WHAT IT COULD BE??

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
imported post

Please don't type all in CAPS, its considered yelling online.

You will need to answer Dan's question about the water backing out when its filling, that may be key to your problem.

If it does not start washing, then it could be a bad timer, bad/burned connection, bad motor, bad water pressure switch, lots to check.

Jake

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
imported post

BBALLER1982 wrote:
like it wants start washing almost like the lid isn't closed
The lid switch usually only affects the spin/drain cycles.

If it does not start washing, then it could be a bad timer, bad/burned connection, bad motor, bad water pressure switch
You can read how the latter usually works at this link:

LINK > How does a washer's water level control work? (aka water pressure switch)

The one used on your model can be seen here:

LINK > GE VVXR1040T5WB Water Pressure Switch

JFYI

Dan O.
Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site
=D~~~~~~