• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

[FIXED] ksrs27ilbl13 not cooling

vin

Premium Member
i posted a thread last year http://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/showthread.php?t=10983. my issues died down a little, but are much worse out of the blue today.

it is only running for 5-10 seconds at a time 2-4 minutes apart. i turned it off for 2 hours...during this time i opened the freezer removed the back panel, used a hair dryer for any remaining ice on coils, used a siphon to empty the drip pan underneath as it was about to overflow. i then turned it back on and it's still running in that weird pattern.

temps are set to o*/35* according to my automotive laser thermometer i'm at 55*/52* after 2.5 hours.

any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Was the evaporator coils clogged with frost again?

What is running 5-10 secs at a time 2-4 minutes apart? Your compressor in the back of the refrigerator?

Jake

vin

Premium Member
by the time i got to it around noon today most of the ice had melted off, but there was a substantial amount of ice on the coils.

in regards to what's running...i'm not certain. the fan in the freezer runs constantly, but i guess it's the compressor. whatever part that usually kicks on but then turns off upon completing it's job.

just checked again...still doing the intermittent running and temps are 55*/55*.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then its possibly your start relay assembly that mounts on your compressor.

Here's the compressor start relay assembly for your model:
Manufacturer's Number: 2319792

Its #16 here:

Just unplug your refrigerator and take it off you compressor, and shake it, if it rattles, its bad, order a new one.:)

If it doesn't rattle then its likely you have a bad compressor.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help vin, good job fixing it.:)

Jake