• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

[FIXED] Maytag Neptune MAH4000 AWW

91030Mom

Premium Member
Model Number
MAH4000AWW
Brand
Maytag
So the machine had been making a weird nose for a while. See video of the noise here (50 secs), another here (83 secs) and lastly here 18 secs. These video were taken in October '08. I meant to check in with you back then (why I took the video), but then the noise sorta went away.

Now, FF to June '09. Last time I did the laundry I got one load where when I went to move it to the dryer the clothes were still in the tub with soapy water. I re-did that load and all was fine. Today I did about 3 loads just fine, then wham, again: it did not drain. I started it back up in the rinse cycle and I could hear that it actually does TRY to spin, but the washer is just not dumping the rinse water out first, so the load is much too heavy and the spinning stops after a bit.

The washer was purchased back in April of 2000 and it's done a lot of loads. We didn't have the mold issue and I've never had a service call on it for anything before.

Jake, you're my appliance swami, tell me how to proceed and what you think. Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

91030Mom

Premium Member
Did the trick!

Once again, you prove why you ARE the appliance swami!

The washer is up and working like a champ, now I'm back to about 5 more loads of laundry today.

I was chatting with my neighbor yesterday as she saw me struggling with the laundry and she actually A) has the SAME washer and B) had it repaired about 2 years ago for the seemingly same thing, she wound up paying $330 ($200 for parts and $130 for labor). Her invoice said her washer needed a new door latch and a new circuit board. I almost hate to ask, but did she get taken, or is there anyway that was legit. She said hers behaved the same as mine did (of course we don't really know if maybe her washer WAS pumping the water out and not spinning, etc.), but in general would do you have an opinion on her repair?

PS: Thanks again and I've left you a small tip.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good job, glad that fixed it.:)

On your neighbors washer, that sounds about right, as those circuit boards are very expensive, and the labor seems fair, not excessive.

Thats for the tip.:)

I'll check out that site you mentioned.:)

Jake