Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrett

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWX500XW0
Brand
Maytag
Hi I need some help diagnosing my washer. When you hit start it doesn't lock. the lid lock just blinks and I can here a clicking noise coming from somewhere behind the control board. Almost like the sound of a relay clicking on and off. what I did so far is I changed the lid lock assembly which did not work.

I have been going through the repair manual: https://www.applianceblog.com/manuals/W10329932.pdf

From looking at the codes and trying to run manual test it tells me that I need to go to test #8 in the manual but I don't see it anywhere. I have a felling that it might be the control board but I'm not sure.

codes that I got were
F5 E2
F5 E3
F5 E1
F2 E1

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Your right, here is the missing page which includes TEST #8 and a continuation of the pump TEST #7.
(Click to enlarge)
VMWmissingpage.jpg

So if you already replaced the lid latch assembly, then the problem is the main control board per TEST #8.

Here's the main control board for your model you can order here:
W10393448 Electronic Control Board

Then once you have replaced the main control board, Calibrate the washer and the Automatic Test to verify the repair.

Jake

Barrett

Premium Member
Hey thanks for the quick reply.I am going to try a control board. I will let you know what happens.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, keep us posted.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear that.:)

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.