FIXED: NX58F5500SS Samsung gas range control panel not responding

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
To remove it use a hair dryer to soften the adhesive and it will come off easily. If you purchased the part through a link on this site you can exchange it.

Dvrdan58

I have the issue with some of the button working. No clock, bake, or broil. Pizza button works so we have to bake at 400. Model is NX58J5600SG/AA. Just plan on replace the membrane and the control board. Can you show me the link for these? Please.
Been reading up on this post and am pleased with your knowledge. Thank you
This gas oven is only 15 months old. Had to replace the gas controls on 3 burners, they would not shut off. And all 5 knobs cracked and got replaced.

drewwitt

Premium Member
I have a Samsung nx58f5500ss. I purchased it last summer, so it's out of it's 1 year warranty, but it's only been in use since April. Our renter performed a self clean function on it, and now it is giving the infamous SE error. I tried resetting the circuit breaker, etc. It appears that the lower two thirds of the control panel are not responding. The bottom looks like it was melted some.

I found the replacement parts for the keypad membrane and the PCB. Do you think that I'll need to replace both the PCB and the membrane? Or just one? I'm really handy, but I've never replaced parts on an oven before.

Membrane: https://www.appliancepartspros.com/samsung-switch-membrane-nx58f530-dg34-00025a-ap5800759.html
PCB: https://www.appliancepartspros.com/samsung-assy-pcb-main-de92-02588g-ap5800586.html

rickgburton

Staff member
Use a hair dryer and a flat paint scraper to remove the old one. It comes off fairly easy. You can remove it without a hair dryer it's just a lot easier. Do this: Unplug or remove power from the machine. Before you remove the one on there now, disconnect the keytail connectors and connect the new keypad keytail connectors. Restore power and check if everything works. If everything is working remove the old one and install the new one. If there's still a problem and you need to replace the control, wait until you get it and then install the keypad. That way you won't need to remove the keypad twice.

drewwitt

Premium Member
Use a hair dryer and a flat paint scraper to remove the old one. It comes off fairly easy. You can remove it without a hair dryer it's just a lot easier. Do this: Unplug or remove power from the machine. Before you remove the one on there now, disconnect the keytail connectors and connect the new keypad keytail connectors. Restore power and check if everything works. If everything is working remove the old one and install the new one. If there's still a problem and you need to replace the control, wait until you get it and then install the keypad. That way you won't need to remove the keypad twice.
you're brilliant. ty for the tip. I'll do that and let you know the results!

Coloradoguy91

Hey guys! So, i need some help. I have the Samsung gas range: model number: NX58H5600SS

Here's my situation. Timer works, all of the buttons work initially.

Once i select bake, broil, etc and a temperature and press start.. I canNOT turn off my oven. No matter what i do. I literally have to flip the breaker to turn it off.. Which i don't want to continue to do. I'm not quite sure what part needs to be replaced.

Hopefully you can help! Thanks!

rickgburton

Staff member
So the cancel/off button doesn't work when the oven is on? How about the rest of the buttons? Try disconnecting and then reconnecting the keypad keytail connectors
DG34-00027B Switch MEMBRANE

MILJAN

I have Samsung range NX58F5700WS. Keys on the displays are frozen, broken and they don't respond on touch (they are partially lit and unreadable). I had same problem couple months ago and I just opened control board and cleaned it with alcohol swab and everything was fine. Now this action didn't help. Also I tried to clean harness connectors with eraser with no success.
What is your recommendation? Should I replace keypad, control board or something else?
My control board model # is DE9202588F.
Thank you for help.

rickgburton

Staff member
Control board for sure but you'll need to test the keypad. I couldn't find the wiring diagram for that model so try to locate yours (look on the inside panels or under the warming drawer). If your DMM has a Diode check function, observe proper polarity and look on the wiring diagram for pads + and - Your meter will tell you if each pad is good or bad
DE92-02588F Assy Pcb MAIN
samsung-assy-pcb-main-de92-02588f-ap5800585_01_m.jpg

is9582

Premium Member
NX58F5500SS oven won’t light but broiler will

I have another Samsung NX58F5500SS oven on the fritz. We had the same issue, the oven wouldn’t light and the broiler still ignited fine, a couple weeks ago but it’s been working fine until today. I’ve turned the breaker off as directed by Samsung online help, and back on after a minute, but no joy. He also had me turn on a burner on the stove, and try the oven while the burner was lit. Testing to see if the gas pressure was too high, but again no joy. We’ve only had the oven for 18 months and I’d really love some advice.

Cheers.
Lee

is9582

Premium Member
Thanks for the comment Rick. I don't yet know. I just watched a vid of someone replacing one, so I'll remove the lower panel and report back on what I see. (I'm betting on a toasted ignitor, but dang, after only 18 months!)