[FIXED] removing kenmore slide-in gas range

rss0213

Premium Member
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to remove my kenmore gas range. It's on the blink and I want to replace it. Where do I start? (I haven't been able to locate the model number.)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

If its mounted in with support screws, then should be either 2 on each front side or the top, once the support screws are removed, it should just pull out enough to disconnect the gas line from it, with the gas off to it first. There should be a gas shut-off lever on your gas valve to shut it off.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, possibly.

Did you see any screws in the front on each side? On some models you have to open the oven door to see them.

Jake

rss0213

Premium Member
Jake,

I got it out by removing the counter top. The counter top was surrounding the back of the range (since it was a slide-in model). Also, the floor was built up around the range, so this was the only way I could get it out. Anyway... I got it out, cut the counter tops off square on each side so they would fit flush against the new free-standing range, put in the new range, re-installed the counter tops, and it works great. Thanks for your help.

By the way, does anyone ever break down old units like mine and try to sell the parts (like on ebay or something)?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good job rss0213.:)

Jake