• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

[FIXED] Sharp Carousel Inside light works about half the time

Algebrat

Premium Member
Model Number
R530BW
Brand
Sharp
I think it is the bulb, but it could be a loose connection, since it seems to work intermittently. What is the best path to access the bulb? There isn't an easy access panel that I can see. It appears to be a night light bulb, but I suspect it is a special bulb.
Let me know your thoughts, thanks.

John

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

You will need to remove power, remove cabinet screws, pull towards the back and lift off the cabinet to access the light bulb.

Light bulb, 20 watt

jeff.

Algebrat

Premium Member
Light Fixed, Thanks!

Hi, It turned out that it was just a loose bulb. With your guidance, I was able to fix it in about 15 minutes. I removed the tamper resistant screws in the back by cutting a slot with a dremel and then using a regular screw driver.

John