• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

[FIXED] Stupid Kitchenaid Ice Maker

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ahh yes, the low voltage issue, it fooled me too awhile back.

Read this thread here about the voltage:
Ice Maker optics low voltage problem

Its likely the ice maker thats bad.

Here's the ice maker for your model you can order:
Complete icemaker assembly (8 cube) - This icemaker is for 25-27 cubic feet models that have vertical auger dispenser installed in the freezer door. 8 cube icemaker.
Complete icemaker assembly
show

Manufacturer's Part#: 2198597

Jake<!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Klink

Premium Member
I disected the ice maker and I am having a hard time understanding how if I only have 35v coming into the maker rather than 120v, how is replacing the ice maker going to give me the 120v I need?

It seems to be that that link says that it is either the optics or the maker itself. In my case teh optics are good so then the maker itself must be bad. I am just confused how the voltage gets up to 120v from replacing the IM.

If I buy that maker and it is not the problem, what is the return policy? 30 days?

Thanks for all your help Jake!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you not read this:
Ice Maker optics low voltage problem
It explains why your not reading 120 volts, 2 members had this issue and both changed the ice maker, and it fixed them both.

Don't worry, if you change the ice maker and it doesn't fix it, you have a 30 day FULL refund when you return it.:)

If you have any problems returning a part, Adam is our Representative, here's his email:
adam@appliancepartspros.com

Jake

Klink

Premium Member
Yeah I read that article. Logic just doesn't make sense. If it worked for a couple others I will give it a try.

Thanks Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I know it doesn't make much sense either, but thats the only logical thing that I can see that causes the low voltage without pulling more hair out.:)

Jake

suzqlarsen

Premium Member
Stupid Kitchenaid icemaker

After misunderstanding our optics :eek: and replacing them, we found that it was the ice maker unit itself. We sent back the new optics we had purchased, bought a replacement unit - installed it and have had ice ever since. Thanks Jake for your patience.:)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent suzqlarsen, glad the new ice maker fixed it for you, thanks for coming back for the update.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Klink, good job.:)

Jake