[FIXED] Whirlpool Portable 10,000 BTU A/C with E1 fault code

Kjell

Premium Member
Model Number
ACP102GPW
Brand
Whirlpool
Help please, the heat is killing me

I recently replaced the fan in my portable A/C unit, after putting it all back together I get an E1 fault code, the unit attempts to start, the louvers open and it shuts down after about 10 seconds. Any suggestions on how to reset this code? BTW, I've had this unit apart on more than one occasion with fan issues and have never had this fault code show up. Unit age 2 years

Last edited:

Icehouse

HVAC Tech
:3: [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
E1—Automatic filter clean reminder.
Turn the air conditioner OFF and unplug it. NOTE: The air conditioner must be unplugged for the automatic filter clean timer to reset.
Clean the filter. See the Care and Cleaning section in your use&care manual. After cleaning, replace the filter and plug the air conditioner back in.
[/FONT]

Kjell

Premium Member
After trying the fix suggested by Icehouse the E1 fault code remained. After closer inspection of the connections on the mother board, I found the thermistor connection was not properly seated in the connector on the board, it was most likely dislodged when I moved the evaporator out of the way to get at the upper blower housing, which needs to be removed to replace the fan (the thermistor wires are very tightly ty-wrapped along the evaporator down to the mother board).

Anyway, the problem is fixed.