• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

FIXED: WMH32519CS Open-Close Door Error

Beege

Premium Member
Model Number
WMH32519CS
Brand
Whirlpool
Getting door error message. Research seems to indicate door switches may be issue. Video to replace top and bottom latch electronic switches looks easy. Where is third switch? Also, could something else be the issue?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
On your model there's an upper and lower switch holder. Each switch holder has room for 2 microswitches, one on each side of the holder. When checking the door switches always remove the common wire from the switch when checking for continuity. Check the switches by opening and closing the door and not by pressing the switch button.
C-Microswitch.jpg

Door Switch W10269460
Door-Switch-W10269460--01721690.jpg

Beege

Premium Member
Ordered all 3 switches (2 top and 1 bottom) as I didn't know which one was bad and didn't have meter to test removed switches. Broke tabs on both switch holders when removing switches.

Ordered the switches and holders from repairclinic.com for about $75 and installed. Unit now works.

Note: Repairclinic.com has detailed video on this repair which was a big help especially since my photos on my phone didn't take. Biggest headache was removing the wiring from the switches as tabs were on real tight. Took about 1.5 hours to disassemble and .5 hours to reassemble.