FloodSafe - Auto-Shutoff Hoses for Washing Machine

brinrach

Premium Member
Hi - I'm just finishing up a laundry room remodel project and am about to put my Maytag neptune stackable washer/dryer back into place. The unit's about 6 yrs old and I've never replaced the rubber inlet hoses from the wall. Was thinking about purchasing some FloddSafe brand auto-shutoff style hoses from my local hardware store. Does anyone have any experience with these? Seems like a good idea, but not sure if it is a waste of $$. Any problems with causing problems with the washers because they don't allow enough flow? Thanks. Brian

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

brinrach

Premium Member
After some more on-line searching, it seems that a few people have had low-flow issues with these in their appliance. Don't know if that would have happened in my case, but these the safeflow were 2x the cost of standard braded hoses. I opted for the standard stainless steel braided as you suggested. Washer is back up & running. If anyone is interested in reading more on the floodsafe brand, web address is attached. thanks.

http://www.watts.com/pro/whatsnew/whatsnew_floodsafe.asp

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.:)

Jake

wobiii

Appliance Tech
I had a call just this week about a broken washer. Get over there and the cold water line had tripped into the flood cut off mode. First one I've seen in this area and I'd go with the regular old ss lines.