• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Follow up on LMXC23746S/01 not cooling issues

suptho

Premium Member
Model Number
LMXC23746S/01
Brand
LG
I'm updating my original chain in hopes of it helping someone with a similar issue in the future. Here is my original thread:

After the first compressor replacement by a third part repair company, the fridge seemed to work fine for 2 weeks and would then start to not cool again. I would suggest people out there buy a pair of Fridge Thermometers and stick it in each compartment to keep track (they are like $10 on amazon). On the 2nd week, the fridge/freezer section would start to get warmer until it ultimately fails.

This happened 3x over a span of July-Sept -- meaning someone came out to replace the compressor 3x on my fridge to no avail. Their compressor warranty is for up to 5 years -- I can't imagine the headache I would have gone through if it wasn't under their warranty.

After the third compressor replacement they are labeling the fridge as defective beyond repair and LG is reviewing the case for a refund (minus depreciation). I'm told the refund process will take a few weeks and I've supplied them with a picture of the model # along with my original receipt from The Home Depot.

Here is also a resource I found online which details the process pretty well: https://consumersane.com/lg-refrigerator-not-cooling/

Jake from this forum has been so helpful, so I thought posting an update would help other LG fridge owners out there. Here is the # to LG's customer care line: 1 (800) 243-0000

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks @suptho for posting that information for others.(y)

Jake